News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Was Plum Crazy a optional color on the Superbird?

Started by TruckDriver, March 29, 2013, 05:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A383Wing

Quote from: GOTWING on April 03, 2013, 01:04:29 PM
So you guys don't think a color change would really affect the value on these cars?

guess it would depend on what the OE color was and what color one was going to change it to.

Bryan

GOTWING

Bahama yellow / Butterscotch  :icon_smile_big: say on a car that was factory FY1 lemon twist.

moparstuart

Quote from: 70Sbird on April 03, 2013, 12:47:19 PM
Quote from: FJ5WING on April 03, 2013, 12:40:42 PM
Not a fan of the Butterscotch but I really don't know why Black wasn't available?
The guy that built the Black car with the Black decals has a bad ass piece!

Yes it is!!!!!
:2thumbs:
Larry's  is one bad ass car    :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

kokxville

Quote from: TiMopar on April 02, 2013, 04:27:42 PM
This picture was taken in London England in 79/80/81 on Hyde Park Corner. The Bird is a factory FY1 Lemon Twist 6bbl auto car, that belonged to the late Alan Gould for many years. Last I heard it was in Belgium and had been painted the correct yellow. The 69 R/T was my car.

Yes that's true.I've seen this car in Belgium,even sat in it but that's like 8 years ago.i remember this car needed a paintjob again,because someone did some grinding next to it,and the paint was full of little rust spots. :rotz:( It was yellow back then )
They sold it to someone in sweden or finland if i remember correctly.

John
1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

moparstuart

member here    Teemu Rekikoski  has a yellow bird in sweden 

not sure if its the same car  ????? 

kokxville

Hi Stuart,

Interesting  :scratchchin: Maybe he can chime in  :yesnod:
1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

moparstuart

Quote from: kokxville on April 03, 2013, 02:30:36 PM
Hi Stuart,

Interesting  :scratchchin: Maybe he can chime in  :yesnod:
I asked him on facebook and he said no his came from chicago area

FJ5WING

a color change will have an impact for sure, but to what extent is anyone guess. To one of the original seven colors offered might be a little less and to the eight a tad more but anything else????????????????

Stay away from Green please....Its all used up! Blue looks good! ;)
wingless now, but still around.

pettybird

Quote from: GOTWING on April 03, 2013, 01:12:10 PM
Bahama yellow / Butterscotch  :icon_smile_big: say on a car that was factory FY1 lemon twist.

You'd just have to find someone else who really wants it.  Personally I'd love to see a Sassy Grass bird.

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on April 04, 2013, 09:01:56 AM
Quote from: GOTWING on April 03, 2013, 01:12:10 PM

You'd just have to find someone else who really wants it.  Personally I'd love to see a Sassy Grass bird.
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

Aero426

Quote from: GOTWING on April 03, 2013, 01:04:29 PM
So you guys don't think a color change would really affect the value on these cars?

Of course it will.   Perhaps less so on a driver grade or NOM car.  

You are going to get people that a color change in the right hue will appeal to, and conversely some future buyers who will look at it and go, "well that wasn't smart."    

I have always wondered why the purple wasn't offered on the Superbird.   Considered too wild?    Color match issues with the nose and wing?