News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Here is a bargain.

Started by 62 Max, March 31, 2013, 02:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Kanofsky

YIKES!  I don't know that I've ever seen the cowl grill bars rotted away like that...

"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

62 Max

How much is there in parts ? :scratchchin:

GOTWING

Dave, i bet it may have sat a long time with wet pine needles and leaves to rot out those vents like that.  :shruggy: true i have never seen that kind of rust on that area.

70Sbird

Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on April 02, 2013, 10:38:43 AM
YIKES!  I don't know that I've ever seen the cowl grill bars rotted away like that...

Me neither and I live in the Rust belt!
That pic says to me: long years of exposure to the elements, with that much significant rot that is so obvious, I wonder how much of this car (besides the fender tag and VIN) is actually saveable?

Scott Faulkner

69HemiBee

Knowing how the noses rot I would think that one and its associated parts may be in trouble. That being said I think 15-18 for the car is the sum of the parts. That is saying someone would pay to "use" the tags. That is a car that needs to go to someone that can do 90% of the work themselves or you'll be upside down faster than an F22 can get you.
Supercar Restorations is a fully equipped facility specializing in Chrysler Corporation automobiles. We also carry an extensive line of parts. Contact me at hek@supercarrestorations.com if you have any questions. Thank you.

GOTWING

it would make a cool lawn ornament.  :icon_smile_big:

bebeep1969

Car sat outside under tarp since 1976 til a couple of years ago. Looked like wet towels sat on cowl under damp tarp for 30+ years. It is a shame that car is in the shape it is. Friend told me he put his fist through front frame rail. that's how much rot there is in rail. Double Yikes!!!
1970 FJ5 V-code 4 speed Superbird
1970 FY1 V-code 4 speed Superbird

Redbird

When I saw the first pictures with an asking price of $ 32K somehow that didn't seem like a bargain. It seemed like a very expensive quest.

I don't know any of the owners of the cars that have been for sale lately, if it is actual bidders or shills. If this sold for anything close to  $ 30K Wow! The MI car with the air grabber hood at about $ 59K seems like a much better deal, I know it didn't sell. The whole car on e-bay about a month ago seems almost sane.

With the yellow car, one would think might have some rust in the cone pieces. Especially when the factory just painted over the steel with no primer. I'd guess the 3 outside pieces of the wing are good.

I know folks want to enter the market at a low number and build equity. But a certain amount of being there has to be there too.

charger Downunder

Unfortunately this is what happens to cars when owners say not fore sale, I'm going to do it up one day and the car sits outside exposed to all elements and deteriorates to nothing.
[/quote]

ACUDANUT

Quote from: ACUDANUT on April 01, 2013, 01:41:16 PM
From the looks of it, all 46k miles were driven in snow/salt

:yesnod:

:yesnod:

Someday70

I am surprised to see a lot of folks knocking this car. Isn't a winged car the Holy Grail of Mopars for most people? Surely you could take your time and restore this car and keep it. Here is a chance to get one.

FJ5WING

I see what youre saying but who has 100K to throw at a 90K car?
wingless now, but still around.

moparstuart

Quote from: FJ5WING on April 04, 2013, 07:15:36 AM
But if you only have 30k at least you can get one and get your foot in the door
, then slowly restore it   :Twocents:

All the hard to find stuff looks to be there , now its just labor and AMD   :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

1970Moparmann

Quote from: moparstuart on April 04, 2013, 09:05:24 AM

All the hard to find stuff looks to be there , now its just labor and AMD   :icon_smile_big:

Agree.  It took me 20+ years to get a Wing car, and if I didn't buy what I did, this car would have been on the top of my list.  A Wing car is the best in my opinion, and this is a starting point to a drivable car in the future.   :2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

moparstuart

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on April 04, 2013, 09:24:29 AM

Agree.  It took me 20+ years to get a Wing car, and if I didn't buy what I did, this car would have been on the top of my list.  A Wing car is the best in my opinion, and this is a starting point to a drivable car in the future.   :2thumbs:
I still dont have one but i pretend I do  :nana:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Aero426

, then slowly restore it  

It is about chasing the dream.    It may not be the cheapest way,  unless you can do everything yourself.  But that's another story.

That hulk of a Superbird that used to sit near Englishtown NJ was another one like this.  About as rusty, and much worse than this car in terms of what was missing.   Someone was going to buy it for 20k back in 09 and do it all himself because it was the only way financially.    Haven't heard anything since that time.   

pettybird

Hey Doug was this a car known to the club?

Aero426

Quote from: pettybird on April 04, 2013, 09:45:19 AM
Hey Doug was this a car known to the club?

Yes but it's weird.   The listing for that VIN goes back to 1982.   The car was in poor shape then, and had a 383 just like the CL ad stated.  What is strange is that the car on our paperwork was an original yellow car and was painted a dark blue (have a photo).  Looks horrible.    It was coded for buckets but appears to now have a bench interior.   Yet the VIN is mentioned twice on the old club paperwork and matches what was reported on Moparts.   Came out of the Bloomington Indiana area.    The blue paint and mismatched interior are what is bothering me.   I don't know if it still has a fender tag, but it apparently did back in '82.