News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is this correct for a 69 SE??? Pic Included~!

Started by Mfr426, February 19, 2006, 11:37:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mfr426

Hello all, I have this relay (no part number on it) that sits right behind my ash tray. It has 3 wires coming out of it (Yellow, Yellow and Pink). On one yellow wire goes to the blue light just above the ignition switch. My service manal shows this as lamp on delay relay for Dart models. I dont see the item for Chargers though?

Can anyone comfirm that this part is factory for the Charger as well? Also, can anyone tell me if the YYP wires are correct? Finally, is there a way to test this item??

Thanks all for any comments.

Mike R in Reading PA

Just 6T9 CHGR

Yes I believe that is the ign light time delay relay.  If you have the A01 light group (an SE car would automatically get this) there is a small light above the ign switch.   The relay keeps the light on for a few seconds when the door is opened to illuminate the key (convienance at its best!)
I believe it gets a feed from the map light to sense the door open.    Yellow wires would prove this as these are the feeds from the door pin switches.
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Mfr426

Good deal. This is starting to make sense. One more reason NOT to take 9 years to restore your car...