News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Another Daytona Wing Question....

Started by A383Wing, April 08, 2013, 04:19:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A383Wing

While most here know that my car is not real, my Daytona wing is, it came off one of the real race cars from 1969, still has the cable inside, as you can see, it also has 8 hex screws to hold it in place after adjustment so it won't move going down the backstretch at 200mph. I don't know which car it came off of, there were about 8 layers of paint on it when I sanded it down to paint it white. I know I should have feather sanded it to the point of showing each color, but at the time it didn't occur to me. I do know there was yellow in there, and some green I think as well. I filled in the notched out upright sections at the top where the cable went through to each side. I found it in the mid 90's in a little hick town up here for $200....the guy I got it from was using it as a plant hanger in his shed. He said his brother got it for him way back in the 70's I think from down South. I had talked with Doug about this in '99 when we were at 'Dega for the meet down there in October.

My question is this: Are the 'Bird center sections the same? I have heard they are or were, I don't know.

Also, my center section measures 57-3/8" long exactly....what do other Daytona members wings measure? I know there was talk about this before, I tried to look, but no luck in finding it. I'm probably the only one here with the "race wing" and I was just curious if my center section was the same length as stock. I don't see why it wouldn't be. My uprights are held in with only 3 studs, the 4th stud is gone and that is where the cable runs through. I don't have the cable through the quarter panel, but the cable is still stuffed up inside each upright.

Bryan

DAY CLONA

While the extrusion profile is the same, the Superbird center section is 55 1/2" aprox, Tona's are 57 1/2" approx

Mike

Indygenerallee

There was someone on here the other day that had the same story of wanting to buy a wing that hanging in a garage used as a paint shelf and the people moved and he never got the chance to buy it. Thought that was kind of weird.
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.