News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What kind of lug nuts do I need for unilug aluminum wheels?

Started by MaximRecoil, March 31, 2013, 03:14:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaximRecoil

Regular acorn lug nuts sort of work, but because of the thickness of the aluminum in the center of the wheels, they don't have much wheel stud thread to grab onto. They seem to need shank-style lug nuts, but what about the washers? Standard flat washers like are used with shank-style lug nuts and non-unilug aluminum wheels wouldn't mate with those tapered seats.

MaximRecoil

I figured it out. The wheels were manufactured by E-T, so with some Google searching I found that they use a lug nut that is sort of a combination of a shank-style lug nut and an acorn-style lug nut. I ordered these because they came with new offset washers to replace my rusty ones. Other places I found selling them didn't include the washers, and washers of that style can cost more than the lug nuts when bought separately. For example, $1.49 each here, while the lug nuts are only $1.14 each from the same place).