News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona Scissor Jack

Started by Speedfreak, April 10, 2013, 10:44:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swampwing2

Quote from: Moparpoolman on April 14, 2013, 09:51:56 PM
Quote from: pettybird on April 10, 2013, 10:57:20 AM
or Pete Veight, petev8@webtv.net

I've seen Pete's jacks in person, side by side with an original.  If he didn't tell me which was which I wouldn't of known.  They are PERFECT!  If I needed one, he's the guy to contact. 

So have I.  Other repros I have seen use different jack screws which are a dead giveaway it is not original.

r4daytona

I was lucky enough to find a jack at a local junkyard that with a little modification is going to be a great repo so to speak.  Bill cut the base slots, welded the piece on top, blasted and painted it.  Yes, I did get my headlight buckets and Z-braces from Rick.  They fit pretty good. He did tell me that I'd probably have to hog out some of the holes like the originals and I did, but they seem to fit pretty nice and do look better than the others.  Not sure yet what I'm going to do with the others.  Would be good for a clone.  Might sell them when all done but Stu gets first dibs!

moparstuart

Quote from: r4daytona on April 16, 2013, 07:49:13 AM
I was lucky enough to find a jack at a local junkyard that with a little modification is going to be a great repo so to speak.  Bill cut the base slots, welded the piece on top, blasted and painted it.  Yes, I did get my headlight buckets and Z-braces from Rick.  They fit pretty good. He did tell me that I'd probably have to hog out some of the holes like the originals and I did, but they seem to fit pretty nice and do look better than the others.  Not sure yet what I'm going to do with the others.  Would be good for a clone.  Might sell them when all done but Stu gets first dibs!
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE