News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1968 RT Charger rear spring packs

Started by Wollfen, April 16, 2013, 03:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wollfen

I just removed the rear spring packs from my RT charger and it looks like someone modified the rear end of the springs? Anyone care to comment on whether this is original or not? I don't think so, but hey stranger things have been found.

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Fred

Looks to me like a redneck (no offense) modification to lower the car.   :lol:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

cdr

Quote from: Fred on April 16, 2013, 04:55:46 PM
Looks to me like a redneck (no offense) modification to lower the car.   :lol:

no offense taken  :slap:  :icon_smile_big:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Wollfen

The unusual thing about this car is it was all original when i picked it up, still even has its original wheel covers too, nothing else on the car was ever modified.

Fred

Quote from: Wollfen on April 16, 2013, 06:39:09 PM
The unusual thing about this car is it was all original when i picked it up, still even has its original wheel covers too, nothing else on the car was ever modified.

Well someone obviously felt the need to give them babies a good going over.   :lol:

Wollfen

Hey Fred! Im an Aussie living in North Carolina! I will let you in on a secret here, damn mopars are cheap to buy and restore here! :nana:

Fred

Quote from: Wollfen on April 16, 2013, 08:28:15 PM
Hey Fred! Im an Aussie living in North Carolina! I will let you in on a secret here, damn mopars are cheap to buy and restore here! :nana:

As if I didn't know that already, you lucky son of a gun!  
Half your luck  :cheers:

Wollfen

Yup, i have spent HUNDREDS of dollars so far and may end up spending a thousand more before I'm close to finishing this ground up resto, oh the humanity,  :smilielol: I bought the spring kits and front and rear brake pads for my car, total cost, $26. And exchange overhauled master cylinder and power booster assembly is gonna set me back another $96, scary aint it?

Fred

I don't want to hear anymore..........you're making me sick!     :slap:  

Stop taunting me or I'll come over there and move in with you!   :icon_smile_big:

I spent thousands and thousands and thousands!

Wollfen

Im on 2 acres got a 3000sq ft workshop and got three chargers and an RT 70 challenger  :D

Fred

I need more info please..........my sat-nav isn't that bloody brilliant!   With the little I've got to go on..........I'll be looking for ever.   :lol:

Very nice collection.  :2thumbs:

Are you there permanently or planning on coming back some day??

8WHEELER

Probably not what happened. But people add helper springs to raise the rear and helps for towing. It looks like it would
hit right about in that same spot, probably just a crazy thought  :shruggy:

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Wollfen

Yah staying in America for now, but will be visiting the "old country" form time to time I'm sure. As for extra helper springs, hmm if it had been doing a lot of towing in its life maybe, but the chassis rails in the rear with their factory undercoat are undisturbed so i think we can count that out. My conclusion is for whatever reason the original owner wanted the rear end lower?

HPP

It is not original and it is speculation on why it was done, if on purpose, or whether is was accident related. Suffice is to say you will spend hundreds more to correct them.