News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hemi Daytona Restoration

Started by 69hemidaytona, April 28, 2013, 10:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pettybird

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on May 06, 2013, 01:26:36 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on May 06, 2013, 12:48:59 PM
is this cooler set up Hemi only   :shruggy:

All hemi automatics came with an auxillary transmission cooler. What's in question is how the cooler was attached since there is no center grille support to attach to.

Splitting hairs, but didn't you need to get an axle package car to get the cooler?  I.E., if you had a 3.23 geared car, did you get one?  Sometimes I confuse myself.

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on May 06, 2013, 04:23:11 PM

All hemi automatics came with an auxillary transmission cooler. What's in question is how the cooler was attached since there is no center grille support to attach to.

Splitting hairs, but didn't you need to get an axle package car to get the cooler?  I.E., if you had a 3.23 geared car, did you get one?  Sometimes I confuse myself.
:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:   
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: pettybird on May 06, 2013, 04:23:11 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only cooler I know of that came with axle packages was a PS cooler; 3:55 or lower.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on May 06, 2013, 05:13:20 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only cooler I know of that came with axle packages was a PS cooler; 3:55 or lower.
Thats how I remember it....pretty sure all Hemi auto's regardless of axle ratio got the trans cooler
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Davtona

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on May 06, 2013, 06:52:50 PM
Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on May 06, 2013, 05:13:20 PM

Thats how I remember it....pretty sure all Hemi auto's regardless of axle ratio got the trans cooler

Yup my understanding also. All Hemi autos got the cooler. Hard to find nowadays though.

69hemidaytona

Here are a few photos of the disassembly.

69hemidaytona

Here are some photos of the undercoating.

69hemidaytona

Lots of original paint yet on the floors.

69hemidaytona

A few random photos. I wonder if that is the original voltage regulator? The date seems too early to be for a Daytona.

69hemidaytona

Doors.

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69hemidaytona

Thanks Troy I have seen that site. That is an outstanding original car!

chargerman69

Mopar John

Quote from: 69hemidaytona on May 12, 2013, 10:12:54 PM
A few random photos. I wonder if that is the original voltage regulator? The date seems too early to be for a Daytona.
Tony,
Thanks for the random photos! I learn some things each time you post! In this case I was very surprised that your Daytona had an original voltage regulator with the correct part number and yellow print! My surprise was the early 348 ( 34th week 1968 ) date code on it.
MJ

hemi68charger

Quote from: Mopar John on May 14, 2013, 08:11:02 PM
Quote from: 69hemidaytona on May 12, 2013, 10:12:54 PM
Tony,
Thanks for the random photos! I learn some things each time you post! In this case I was very surprised that your Daytona had an original voltage regulator with the correct part number and yellow print! My surprise was the early 348 ( 34th week 1968 ) date code on it.
MJ

Oh, it was just laying around........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69hemidaytona

I was wondering if possibly the voltage regulator was replaced early in it's life with an NOS one from the dealer. The dealer may have had one on his shelf for a year or so. :shruggy: Here are some final photos before I start posting the dipping and metal work.

69hemidaytona

I just found a lot more photos of the car being disassembled. I might as well try to keep the photos in somewhat of a chronological order.

69hemidaytona

Here are some photos of under the dash.

69hemidaytona

Some photos of the heater box.

69hemidaytona

You can see the primer dip line pretty well here.

69hemidaytona

Behind the dash pics.

69hemidaytona

Some photos of the back of the dash.

Budnicks

Cool project I like all the documentation, information & photos... keep up the great work
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

69hemidaytona

Glove box photos.

FJ5WING

This is good stuff,  I wish I thought to do this before tearing my Bird apart. I didnt know about DC.Com when I started.  :P
wingless now, but still around.