News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hemi Daytona Restoration

Started by 69hemidaytona, April 28, 2013, 10:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona Guy

WOw, this will be amazing. What is your timeline for completion? I remember starting my clone, and now that mine is done I'm wiped out. Get some Red Bull handy :)

69hemidaytona

I'm hoping it will be done late this year or early next year. Thankfully I'm not doing the restoration myself because I hate Red Bull. However I do feel "wiped" financially. :yesnod:

69_500

Just curious but the heater box in picture 166 does not appear to e the same one as in picture 104? Or am I missing something? Hard to see clearly on this iPad in the sunlight.

Mytur Binsdirti

just for curiosity, what's this a picture of?

Davtona

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on May 27, 2013, 09:21:59 AM

Wing brace bolt holes in trunk floor?  :scratchchin: Thats my guess anyway.

69hemidaytona

Quote from: 69_500 on May 27, 2013, 08:52:05 AM
Just curious but the heater box in picture 166 does not appear to e the same one as in picture 104? Or am I missing something? Hard to see clearly on this iPad in the sunlight.

Looks like you're right. Good eye. They are different. I think Roger (the restorer) must have taken photos of another heater box right after mine. I noticed a few other photos of other cars in my batch of pictures. I'll include one of those and see if you can figure out what it is. :scratchchin:

69hemidaytona

Quote from: Davtona on May 27, 2013, 10:23:51 AM
Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on May 27, 2013, 09:21:59 AM

Wing brace bolt holes in trunk floor?  :scratchchin: Thats my guess anyway.
Yup Dave thats what it is.

69hemidaytona

A few more random photos. The wheel cylinder is for the front I believe.

hemi68charger

Good pictures........ Man, I remember those wheel cylinders... I made sure I kept and rebuilt the originals to my former '68 Charger R/T.....  :2thumbs:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69hemidaytona

I found a pair of NOS front wheel cylinders, however if the originals clean up nice and aren't pitted inside I might rebuild them instead.

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69hemidaytona on May 27, 2013, 10:16:33 PM
I found a pair of NOS front wheel cylinders, however if the originals clean up nice and aren't pitted inside I might rebuild them instead.

:2thumbs:   :yesnod:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69hemidaytona

A while back somebody asked about how the transmission cooler was mounted. I found another photo of that as well as some photos of the numbers.

JB400

Thanks for sharing your pix :2thumbs: 

69hemidaytona

The first photo is of the rear window channel. I guess it is some sort of anti-rattle strip. Photo number two is an anti-rattle strip inside the door where the vent window frame attaches. Photo three is the original anti freeze decal. Photo four shows where there was an adjustment after the car was painted. I'm not sure what the part that was adjusted was though. Maybe the hood? :shruggy:

69hemidaytona

Some interior photos.

69hemidaytona

Some nose to hood seal overspray.

r4daytona

Quote from: 69hemidaytona on May 27, 2013, 10:16:33 PM
If you're interested, I had Apple Hydraulics here in NY rebuild mine.  They were done within a week. I was not comfortable rebuilding them as I never have done that so I let the professionals.  $185 for the pair.  Just a suggestion.

69hemidaytona

A few more.

69hemidaytona

Both original resonators were still on the car.

Budnicks

69hemidaytona thanks for all the insight & Incredible documentation with all these great photos....
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

69hemidaytona

Roger took a lot of photos of this car. The next couple of dozen are of the nose cone and seals.

Mytur Binsdirti

By chance, do you have any pictures of the air cleaner that shows the position of the "DO NOT WASH OR OIL" decal?

69hemidaytona

The stickers were missing from the air cleaner when I  got the car. Sorry I couldnt be of more help.

UFO

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on June 07, 2013, 06:59:05 PM
By chance, do you have any pictures of the air cleaner that shows the position of the "DO NOT WASH OR OIL" decal?

There's a pic in this thread showing the decal on a '68 hemi.
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,22673.25.html

Mytur Binsdirti