News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Parts for sale that have sold

Started by ws23rt, May 18, 2013, 07:06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ws23rt

I'm still kinda new here and am sure if I look long enough I could the answer to this.
When one posts an item for sale and sells it, is the seller obligated to post that it has sold? And if not does the original post expire? 
In order to help clean up after ourselves what are our options?

Tilar

Generally they post that it is sold and Troy or one of the mods lock that post and it just goes away.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

skip68

I think it goes away after 60 days.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

bill440rt

If I have an ad and that item sells, I always go back & modify the ad. That is the best benefit of the classifieds here, you can go back & modify your post. Same on Moparts.
Saves frustration with emails on parts that are sold or disappointment for someone who is looking at a something that is no longer available.

That is the biggest drawback on FBBO.com. Their policy is NOT to delete or modify for sale/wanted ads. You can only reply to an ad with "Sold".
I get emails for sh*t all the time on stuff I sold over half a decade ago. So, I refuse to post things for sale on there anymore.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Troy

The ads will expire. It used to be on a schedule but I managed to break it so now it's a manual process. As mentioned, it's best if you change the title and the message text to state that the item has sold (or no longer valid if it's a wanted ad). Usually a moderator will come along and lock it so it can't be changed and will fall to the bottom of the list until it's deleted.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.