News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Headlight buckets on Ebay - ORIGINAL.

Started by 1970Moparmann, May 24, 2013, 07:28:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemi Runner

Quote from: moparstuart on May 30, 2013, 03:47:37 PM
well that was way out of my price range   , I really hope those are OEM 

I'm going to make my own. I just need to find one as a pattern......

Davtona

Quote from: Mopar John on May 30, 2013, 05:51:22 PM
Those original headlight buckets that were missing the end caps went for more than I paid for my last Superbird! WOW!!
MJ

That was yesterdays money you bought the Superbird with John.  :lol:  It had a lot more Mopar buying power than today's money. Its all relative though. Not so much of yesterdays money bought more cars and parts back then. At least it seems that way now to us that were buying back then. Cars were worth nothing back then and a little cash bought a lot we think looking back. At the time we may or may not have thought so. Today it takes a lot of cash to buy cars and parts but we got what most wanted. The cars are worth a lot compared to back then. My experience usually has been what seems like it is expensive at the time ends up looking like a bargain later down the road. Carefull everyone will figure out how old we are by comments like that.  :smilielol: :smilielol:

Mopar John

Dave,
I think most of the regulars have us figured out! I still feel pretty good but losing long time friends on a regular basis does upset me!
I could have used those buckets for the Superbird that's in the shop but you have to draw the line somewhere. When I restored the Daytona I had a lot of parts saved up and a lot of friends came to the rescue. There were still times I had to buy parts on the open market for very high prices. The cars are not moving up in value anywhere near what original and NOS parts are! I hope you have most of what you need put aside! Take care!
MJ