News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Where does this light go?

Started by Piper, May 01, 2013, 09:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Piper

I was joking with a friend, it must be an optional drop light from the factory

any idears where its suppose to go, it has a 1816 bulb. And speaking of bulbs I am going through all the dash bulbs and just replacing them, I havent fished the one above the key out yet, does anyone know the bulb number it takes?

JB400

Would that be the map light on the bottom of the upper dash or a glovebox light?

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

70 sublime

Do you have a light in the ash tray ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Piper

thanks for the replies guys

That light bulb chart is so helpful!

I am missing so many parts to this car, the ashtay, radio/radion faceplate and glovebox are all missing

trying to make sense of it all

Dino

Quote from: Piper on May 02, 2013, 08:07:25 AM
thanks for the replies guys

That light bulb chart is so helpful!

I am missing so many parts to this car, the ashtay, radio/radion faceplate and glovebox are all missing

trying to make sense of it all

If you don't have it yet, get a factory service manual.  I bought the cd version so I can print off only what I need.

Piper

thats a good idea Dino, I was taking for granted these were wired up just like my Coronets and I'll "just know" where everything goes

two totally different beasts!

Piper

the other thing that has me worried, (well not to much yet) is the forward light harness is out (waiting on another to arrive in the mail)

as I was putting in the dash, and figuring out where everything goes now none of the lights work and the Alt gauge is HOT HOT HOT. I am banking on the light harness is needed for a ground/completing the circuit

Dino

Quote from: Piper on May 02, 2013, 08:17:46 AM
the other thing that has me worried, (well not to much yet) is the forward light harness is out (waiting on another to arrive in the mail)

as I was putting in the dash, and figuring out where everything goes now none of the lights work and the Alt gauge is HOT HOT HOT. I am banking on the light harness is needed for a ground/completing the circuit

Correct.  Don't put load on the wires untill all is hooked up.  By the way, whenever you work on electrical or fuel parts, make sure you have a good fire extinguisher within reach and the ability to yank the negative cable off the battery real fast. 

tan top

not the map light , has pink &  yellow wires
not glove box bulb holder all wrong , plus has a pink wire ,
ignition switch lamp its a black wire with yellow tracer also has a connector quite close to bulb socket , although might be different on a 68
heater control panel & ash tray lamps have orange wires ,
  what about column change gear selector lamp ? :scratchchin:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Piper

I didn't think about that one, the length of the wire is ridiculously long

I'll see if there is someway it gets fed up into the column

Dino

If it's an 1816, I still think it's for the radio.  Your radio is gone, I'd say it's a good chance that's why it's not connected to anything.

Piper

Dino, any idea what kinda of radio would of been in there? Maybe I will look for a used one to do a MP3 upgrade with

it was born a 383 2bbl car with AC

Dino

Hard to say without a build sheet or fender tag.  Do you have either?  Most came with the stock AM musicmaster.  Optional was the AM/FM or the radio/8 track combo.  Regardless, each should have the same wire and bulb to light up the radio.

Piper

tag is missing, however I do have the buildsheet (funny story about that someday when you have time I'll tell ya)

its pretty rough though

Piper

I think the first draft of the Articles of Confederation are in better shape, lol

but under Radio 42, its marked with a '1'

Piper

Hey guys, is there a difference between the right and left side turnsignals?

(waiting on my wiring schematics to arrive in the mail)

I wired everything up, the driver side turnsignal is very slow and dim, and the parking light on the drivers side wont light up

I am wondering if I have three of the same signal

the part numbers are 2853260

I see 3 wires to the driver side turnsignal lamp..and only two on the passenger from the harness

and the alt gauge is still hot hot hot

fy469rtse

I agree I think that's the radio globe or maybe heater controls , all dash lights are orange except for high beam I think is red, and turn signals I think green and a tan one, get the manual on cd , good wiring diagrams