News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Front end assembly

Started by flathead1946, August 16, 2013, 06:56:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flathead1946

Probably a dumb question but I am ready to finish my 68 charger and need to know the order of installing the front end. do the fenders go on first, then valance then the  grill/headlight piece? hood hinges lasth the hood?

JB400

I'd go fenders, grill support, valance, bumper, and then hood hinges and hood.  Leave everything a little loose, so you can get your gaps right.  Then, snug everything up, and install your splash shields.

bull

I just did mine and it's basically outside to inside and top to bottom. Fenders first, then the grill (fully assembled), then the bumper and brackets, the valance and finally the hood. Align everything as you go, making sure the gaps are good between the backs of the fenders as well as the cowling. You'll need several body spacers of various thicknesses so you can align the fenders with the doors and cowling in/out and up/down properly. Line the back edges of the fenders and front edges of the doors and cowling with masking tape so you won't chip the paint if you slip and bump them together.

I put the rear splash shields on first like you have yours now but I had to remove the pass side due to some antenna installation issues. It went back on no problem though.

Mine looked like yours does now a couple of weeks ago and it had been that way for a few years. I'm still getting used to the look of a complete Charger when I go out to the garage. Sure changes the look but now I have less room. :icon_smile_big: