News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

fender mounting?

Started by flathead1946, August 16, 2013, 05:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flathead1946

Im getting ready to assemble the front end and mount the fenders. I did not dis assemble the car. I have the bolts and need to know how the mounting clip fits. does it fit on the fender or the car? a picture would be great thanks

bull

The two at the bottom are supposed to be studded with free spinning washer nuts but often they end up with speed nuts and bolts (see graphic below).

Across the top at the sides are speed nuts and bolts with the speed nuts on the fenders so they don't show on the inner fenders. Somewhere in there I think there's supposed to be another stud but I'm at a loss on that one because I used all bolts - mainly because the fastener kit I got did not have the correct stuff. :shruggy:

The top rear has a stud that points up in the cowling area. You'll probably have to use some spacers there to adjust your height as well as down at the bottom to adjust the fender to the door outward. The main things I looked at were the top/front corner of the door compared to the top/rear corner of the fender, the spacing of the gap berween the fender and door all the way down and of course the alignment of the door to fender at the bottom. You also need to make sure your doors are closing correctly so that the backs of the doors are even with the fronts of the quarters and that the gap is good. Hopefully you won't have to adjust your doors before you start.

No matter how you do it don't ever assume it's right and just shut the door. :o Go VERY slowly when you try closing the doors or hood after everything is installed or you will FUBAR something. Sounds obvious but yeah, it has happened.