News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

the wheel issue...

Started by Indygenerallee, May 24, 2013, 04:11:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indygenerallee

I have been looking for some wheels for my Daytona clone and I found these, I want a set that looks as close as possible to the ones ran on the Nascar version and I want a 15x10 on the front along with the rears, not real concerned with the fender clearance as the fenders are going to be radiused the same way as the Nascar version, big problem will be clearing the steering components and upper A-arm, I found these Wheel Vintiques smoothie 12 rims and I really like them as they are powdercoated and a reasonable price, the only thing I don't like is the dual lug pattern! The 15x10's have 4.50" backspacing
What do you guy's think of these?

wheel vintiques series 12 15x10 by indygenerallee1, on Flickr
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Indygenerallee

I don't like those nubs that hold the center cap on, most Nascar Daytonas look like they are running a Ford steel wheel as they have a perfect circle, Also I called Wheel Vintiques last year and inquired on the rim backspacing moved and they said they could not do it on the Chrysler steel wheel due to the hoop..

pandamarie

Try Stockton wheel, they made a set of rally's for me years ago and could make any back space you want.

Patronus

Just a thought, but you could weld and work the other lug holes.
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Daytona Guy

Off topic but... Indygenerallee do you have a thread about your car, or post some picks here :)

Dane

cdr

he is hiding it from us. 
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

JB400

Quote from: Daytona Guy on May 26, 2013, 11:10:15 AM
Off topic but... Indygenerallee do you have a thread about your car, or post some picks here :)

Dane
You have to start 2 threads about this issue and get Tufcat to start a poll that runs for a couple days to get members to post pix of their cars. :P  Then, it turns out they already posted them :icon_smile_big:

Indygenerallee

Yeah I do but it's buried!  :lol: it's been a good while since I have even worked on it, I basically didnt get a dang thing done on it last year. I had a guy buy my fiberglass wing this past winter and he saw my Dane wing and wanted it and I said "no chance"  :lol: I have one other small project to finish up and then I am back on the Daytona, I have to finish welding up the rear sheetmetal and then I can get it back on the rotiserre.

Howie

This is what I have done to my front end. It has a grand national hub installed w custom brackets for the wilwood calipers

Indygenerallee

So that's 5x5 bolt pattern I take it?? Looks nice let me know more about that setup.

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: Howie on May 26, 2013, 08:18:25 PM
This is what I have done to my front end. It has a grand national hub installed w custom brackets for the wilwood calipers

Howie,  did you have to have the spindle machined to  take that hub ?  Do those Basset wheels seem straight as far as a run out problem ?  My first set of BARTS was disgusting with wobble and run out. 
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Howie

I`ll start a post soon.  The car is almost ready to go to larrys for paint.  The front spindles are the mopar 2" drop with custom bearings and grand national hubs. I got with wilwood on a 4 wheel disc caliper set up and these wheels are the nascar 5 on 5 with 5/8 studs.

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?