News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Correct fuel pump, fittings, and filter for a Superbird

Started by Hoser2455, May 29, 2013, 01:35:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoser2455

Does anyone know what is the correct fuel pump, fittings, and gas filter and line for a Superbird?  Instead of a filter do they get a vapor separator instead? I have a regular 440 4 speed car.  Pictures would be great!  Thanks, Jeff

70Sbird

Try these, not 100% OE but same general arrangement. The hard line from the top of the vapor canister/filter to the carb is totally incorrect, just a line I bent to fit.

Scott Faulkner

70Sbird

You didn't specify 4 bbl or six, here is the factory print for the Carter 4 barrel setup.

edit: I had to shrink the .pdf file of this print and screen capture it to post so it lost some detail. If you need a better copy with all of the part numbers let me know and I can e-mail it to you

Scott Faulkner

70Sbird

try this segment of the print to see if the part numbers are legible:

Scott Faulkner

oldcarnut

70Sbird

Quote from: oldcarnut on May 29, 2013, 03:53:13 PM
It that the same as 6bbl other than carb tube?

Yes, if you look at the notes on the print, (for example the fuel pump) it calls out one part number for E86 and E87 (option codes for 440-4 and 440-6) and a different part number for E-74 (Hemi) but the configuration is the same. There are separate prints for the fuel pump to carb lines for the Hemi and 6bbl as well, but they only show the carbs and lines not the fuel pump and seperator.

Scott Faulkner

Hoser2455

Looks great, this drawing will help a lot.  I already have some KV hoses and KV- hoses.  Is the supply the KV- and the return KV? I have a kit already but it is at the body shop.  Thanks for everybody's help.  Getting closer with my car.

Hoser2455

Fuel line hoses marked KV or KV-.  These were original markings on the fuel lines from the manufacturer.

talkiemopar

maxwellwedge

The small vapor return line is unmarked and has a "texture" to it. I gave Frank Badalson an original hard line from the fuel pump to the vap. sep. (so he could possibly make a correct one). I think he has some that fit better than everyone elses (that don't fit worth a crap). Frank has everything you need to do this and can tell you about the proper hose markings KV, KV striped, EB etc. I will have a look at my 'Bird to see what it has on it.

P.S. Carter still sells the pump.....you will also need the fitting adaptor that goes on it to mate the hard line.

The pump is Carter #GM4845  

Here is a pic of the fitting.....I think Frank has these - if not, Year one has them.