News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

SRT-8 Daytona Clone

Started by Stevearino, May 31, 2013, 02:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cudaken

:popcrn: :popcrn:

Glad you moved the gas cap door. Makes for a much cleaner car.

Cuda Ken
I am back

Stevearino

Quote from: cudaken on January 06, 2014, 07:57:38 AM
:popcrn: :popcrn:

Glad you moved the gas cap door. Makes for a much cleaner car.

Cuda Ken
When you spend a lot of time to do something it is hard to undo it even if you know in your heart it is not quite right. I painted one of my cars back in the early 80's and I thought that I had picked out a bright orange/red but when I was finished spraying it I thought " That's straight up orange" I must have taken 500 laps around that car trying to talk my way into it being more red than orange. Finally I went and got my then 4 year old son and brought him out to the shop and asked him " What color is that?" without hesitation he said "ORANGE".  I repainted the car.

Stevearino

Well I was wondering what new Challenger head lights would look like in a regular Charger.http://www.powerful-cars.com/php/dodge/1969-charger-gts-r-pro-touring.php

Nope.

Good thing about these pictures is that they show me what the rear view mirrors I bought will look like on my car. Not bad.

Lighthorseman

Mirrors look nice, but the rest of it?   :eek2: :puke:

djcarguy

ACUDANUT

You can't clone something they never made:Twocents:

I would say it's one of none.  :cheers:

Stevearino

Quote from: ACUDANUT on January 11, 2014, 09:44:07 AM
You can't clone something they never made:Twocents:

I would say it's one of none.  :cheers:
I guess you are right about that. It is not totally unauthentic to call it a clone because I am modifying a real 68 Charger and have it titled as such.  :shruggy: :shruggy:

Well I won't be working on this much for the next month or so. We are working a ton of overtime at the shop and I have some family matters to deal with back in New Jersey.

Mopar John

Steve,
I think you are already years ahead of where most of us would be at!
Your fabrication skills and assembly work are amazing! WOW!
MJ

Stevearino

Thanks for the compliment MJ.

fy469rtse

All I can say and think is holy crap, sorry baldwinvette stole your line , but geez fabrication skills thought process just amazing , Steve great build just went back through the hole thread two cups of coffee, hours have gone by , keep posting , great fab skills your patience is amazing, attention to detail fantastic,
Keep posting with updates,  :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Stevearino

Quote from: fy469rtse on January 17, 2014, 07:29:11 PM
All I can say and think is holy crap, sorry baldwinvette stole your line , but geez fabrication skills thought process just amazing , Steve great build just went back through the hole thread two cups of coffee, hours have gone by , keep posting , great fab skills your patience is amazing, attention to detail fantastic,
Keep posting with updates,  :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Thanks man. It's going to be a while. Between work this time of year and some intense family matters my little diversion will be sitting for a while.

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Stevearino

Quote from: The70RT on January 25, 2014, 02:36:40 PM
Nice job  :2thumbs:
Thanks 70RT.  Well I slowly started back to work on the car this weekend with a bit of a heavy heart. I had gone back to New Jersey to see my dad who had just been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer just a couple of weeks into the new year. I got there and he passed in less than 24 hrs of my arrival. Everyone said he was waiting for me. God I hope not.  He was a great guy and I watched him build a lot of stuff when I was a kid and broke most of his tools trying to learn how to build stuff myself. I am going to miss him.

I decided to start off slowly removing and replacing the crash damaged items in the front of the car. They included the upper radiator support, lower radiator support ,the AC condenser, the radiator, radiator hoses,fan assembly,power steering reservoir, power steering pump, serpentine belt, transmission coolant lines, window washer fluid container and pump, right front steering knuckle, r s swaybar bushing and heat shield and some misc small stuff. When they say minor repairable crash damage it is a matter of subjective opinion what the word minor means. Nothing was bent on the frame so I guess that is where the term minor applies. 
While I have everything apart on the front suspension I am changing out the springs to some lowering springs that will drop the front 1.75" Hopefully that will give me a better stance front to rear.  I got some adjustable upper "A" arms from Jeggs so that I can bring the camber back in line when I am done. I made a small jig to copy the stock "A" arms for caster and a start point on the camber. Hopefully I will get it into the neighborhood of where it needs to go.

moparstuart

again so sorry for your loss  :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Stevearino

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Charger-Bodie

Sorry for the loss of your Dad.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

dyslexic teddybear

Very sorry for the loss.

From the work you do.....he taught you well. :yesnod: Suspect you made him very proud. Even if you did break a tool or two.

Stevearino

Quote from: cdr on February 09, 2014, 07:39:19 PM
prayers sent your way.
Quote from: Charger-Bodie on February 09, 2014, 08:19:57 PM
Sorry for the loss of your Dad.
Quote from: dyslexic teddybear on February 09, 2014, 09:04:49 PM
Very sorry for the loss.

From the work you do.....he taught you well. :yesnod: Suspect you made him very proud. Even if you did break a tool or two.
Thanks guys. He was a good guy. And I am grateful for everything he did for me.

70Sbird

Sorry to hear that you  lost your Dad, I lost mine almost 15 years ago and it's tough at any age

:engel016:

More great progress on the Charger though, I always look forward to your updates and am in awe of your skills
Scott

Scott Faulkner

Baldwinvette77

Also sorry to hear that,  :rotz: I've never lost a close family member or friend yet, so i can't really relate, but i can imagine.  :rotz:

472 R/T SE

Sorry 'bout your Pops. 

If mine waited for me to show up to pass, that means we were close.
I can only wish to have that sort of relationship with mine.  It's sad as I can't answer the phone if he calls towards the evening cause I know he's already 3 sheets into the wind.

Indygenerallee

Again Steve, Sorry about the loss of your father.. I thought about my Father a little more after you told me that day and I was thinking about how little time we really have to spend with our parents... We grow up and can't wait to get away from them as teens, then the next thing we know we are wishing we had all that time back... :'(
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Stevearino

Thank you again for all of the sincere prayers and thoughts. I was lucky to have my dad for so long. He was 87 and still got around pretty good without assistance.
472 R/T SE. I have seen your situation many times through out my life and that sometimes is more heartbreaking than loosing a person altogether.

tan top

just been catching up on your thread !!  awww noo    sorry to hear about your dad !! .....
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html