News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

THIS, is a park bench

Started by held1823, June 06, 2013, 12:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

held1823

i'm afraid to ask how much....

http://www.autoart.com/custom_benches.htm
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

A383Wing

Stu needs to buy that and repaint it so the top is gone...then he needs to buy a trailer to haul it to shows

Bryan

moparstuart

Quote from: A383Wing on June 06, 2013, 12:40:03 PM
Stu needs to buy that and repaint it so the top is gone...then he needs to buy a trailer to haul it to shows

Bryan

:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Just 6T9 CHGR

Im a fan of the table & bench myself.... ;)

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

A383Wing

has anyone of the 104 people who have read this called to get prices?

Bryan

held1823

Quote from: A383Wing on June 06, 2013, 05:03:16 PM
has anyone of the 104 people who have read this called to get prices?

Bryan

i'm still afraid to find out. wonder if we could get a group discount?
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

A383Wing

yea..I have already had one stroke this year...I don't need another

Bryan

A383Wing

Got to thinking....that would not actually be hard to make...get a pic of yer car, have someone do a vinyl wrap poster, put all the bench wood side by side, install vinyl wrap picture, slit the wrap at the board grooves....make bench or table

Bryan

held1823

i was thinking the same thing, except with using a resin bench/table like shown. the surface should be a lot smoother than wood
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

A383Wing

yea..even better....I bet the cost of the wrap and the materials would be way less than what he wants for one already built....then there's shipping costs....plus you would not be stuck with a green 'Bird...unless you are Stuart

Bryan

Fred

WOW! That 69 hemi charger bench is pretty cool.  :2thumbs:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Troy

That's a pre-made or kit bench. Usually you order the legs (they're plastic) and supply your own wood. Sooooo, if you could get the image printed on vinyl I don't think it would be terribly hard to DIY. The spacing and alignment would be hardest.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

DonC1

Gives me an idea -
Daytona and Super Bird images on Skateboards and call them - The Fast and the Furious

moparstuart

these are only 7200.00  but you get free shipping  ,  OH what a bargain

A383Wing

way more than I would have guessed ....that's pocket change for you, Stu....maybe you should use the 'Bird bench as your front seat in yer car

Bryan

held1823

please tell me that decimal point is off a space to the right.

although that would still be about triple what i'd even consider...
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

A383Wing

that thing better have heated seats & AC for that price...no cup holders either

moparstuart

Jason        RANDR  called them and they said 72 hundred bucks  but free shipping 

A383Wing

I'm sorry, that just outrageous......wonder how many he has sold?

I gotta find me a vinyl or sign store and see how much it would cost to blow up a pic of my car and make a bench....

Bryan

Ghoste

Beautiful idea but I agree, that price is insane.

Fred

I'll just sit in my charger instead!

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Troy

Are they hand painted or something? I wasn't under the impression that they were. I could be wrong.

Troy

Ghoste

I don't remember but I've seen them somewhere at a swap meet or concours.  If they are painted its being done on a larger than "handcrafted" sort of scale I think.

held1823

the artwork is likely original, and some of the other benches are more elaborate than the superbird one; check out the contour of the charger ones shown above. the seller may well have them custom molded for him, but the price is still staggering.

$300 (or less) will buy a similar bench at the link below, and a vinyl graphic of someone's choice can't be too expensive, i wouldn't think?

http://woodkitsandplans.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=6

we have a local solid waste district that sells items (such as kid's wagons) made from recycled plastic. i can't remember if they had chairs or tables. i can look into what all they offer, if someone wants.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

moparstuart

they are not plastic and they are hand painted  ,  per jason

Troy

The legs are either plastic or metal - take a good look! As I said, you can buy the legs as a kit and supply your own wood for the seating.

Troy

XS29LA47V21

:popcrn:  Interesting.

:drool5:  imagine the rubber necking that could happen with one of those placed well in a back yard or park setting.... :smilielol: :smilielol:

moparstuart

i emailed him 

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for the interest.  My benches are hand cut from poplar wood planks.  Each bench is an original hand painted piece of art.  I finish the planks with an automotive clear coat, the shine is deep and reflective.  The price is $7200.00 with a 50% deposit to begin.

Thanks again for the interest,
David

David Chapple
Automobile Art
5483 Old Franklin Road
Grand Blanc, MI 48439
(810) 625-0313
www.autoart.com
info@autoart.com

A383Wing

so yer getting the funds ready, huh Stu??

moparstuart

Quote from: A383Wing on June 10, 2013, 08:16:46 PM
so yer getting the funds ready, huh Stu??
Nope thats up to money bags Jason   :icon_smile_big: