News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona wing base drill templet???

Started by djcarguy, June 13, 2013, 05:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

djcarguy

Looking for threads an info,or who to buy wing gasket and drill  templets  for my daytona wing???  

been searching and reached out too a few people for help.. any help an info wood bee great,thanks in advance.

June 1st went  to function in junction, oregon, mostly to see Danes new blue Tona . saw many mopars an 6 hemis,2 of witch were in rods.. june 4th stopped at welbys and helpped move Toms new red painted daytona into the show room,it is awesum. a 70 black rt was parked next to Dane,same guy i got a dart from yrs ago.we were bs ing ,i said i saw wing cars new when i was 10 and have wanted one for many yrs. he said he had a wing he got for his 70 rt and guys talked him out of putting it on his charger.  i stressed for days then called the 7th an got the wing sunday the 9th. it was exciting just hauling it home in the front seat of my driver.
  well been searching an waiting for reply on drilling  mounting base,for days now.    
ASKING FOR DRILL PATTERN ON BASE OF WING ???      THANKS IN ADVANCE GUYS.GOT TO DRILL AN MOUNT AN GET SOME PIXS.............................................THANKS FOR ANY HELP.........LATTER WING DREAMER DJ :coolgleamA:  :2thumbs:  :coolgleamA:

BigBlockSam

Mike at performance graphics will send you the template for correct placement for the wing and fender scoops for free just pay shipping   :cheers:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: BigBlockSam on June 13, 2013, 12:03:18 PM
Mike at performance graphics will send you the template for correct placement for the wing and fender scoops for free just pay shipping   :cheers:

True, but...

If I've translated the hieroglyphics correctly...

He's puttin' it on a Dart. :Twocents:

Not sure how that's gonna work. :shruggy:

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

JB400

If the template has the correct bolt hole spacing, it should work for his Dart.  He don't need to know where to put it at on the Dart.

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on June 13, 2013, 10:41:43 PM
If the template has the correct bolt hole spacing, it should work for his Dart.  He don't need to know where to put it at on the Dart.

If it were me, I'd fabricate the wing braces and drill the quarter panels and wing uprights to match.

This is an all custom job on a Dart, so a template designed for a Daytona wing on a Charger won't be much help. :Twocents:

A383Wing

ain't he gonna need a "shorter" horizontal center section??

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: A383Wing on June 13, 2013, 11:50:52 PM
ain't he gonna need a "shorter" horizontal center section??

Probably.

No matter what he does,

I think the proportions are going to be WAY off. :Twocents:

If I were going to "Wing" a non B-Body (which I wouldn't do by the way)

I'd fabricate the wing from scratch to fit the proportions of the car being "Winged" :Twocents:

djcarguy

Was making my own wing smaller at the base an laid back like a bird. but the guy i had lined up to fiberglass it has vanished,moved or back in jail according to one nayber??  i asked 2 shops bout glassing it they said $400 ta 750 to glass an ruff it out..  well june 1st i was offered one of danes solid wings for $600 from scott with a black 70rt.

was trying to get templet to drill the wing base same as a charger so if or when i or other gets a charger wing will bee drilled right for mounting..   yes local and fit on my dart is up to me and i will make my wing washer an braces to fit my dart topless  .. top blade will be shorttened 4 or 5 inches as dart is narrower. as of now iam loading scrap and trying to sell a few rigs to order a nose cone. have my fender scoops bout done very narrow fender tops.  plan to cut rear wheel opening an door indents like a real Daytona.

drilled an taped top of wing an blade today an its in my living room,bare naked. thanks again,lattter dj :2thumbs:

Old Moparz

Quote from: djcarguy on June 14, 2013, 02:02:40 AM
Was making my own wing smaller at the base an laid back like a bird. but the guy i had lined up to fiberglass it has vanished,moved or back in jail according to one nayber??  i asked 2 shops bout glassing it they said $400 ta 750 to glass an ruff it out..  well june 1st i was offered one of danes solid wings for $600 from scott with a black 70rt.

was trying to get templet to drill the wing base same as a charger so if or when i or other gets a charger wing will bee drilled right for mounting..   yes local and fit on my dart is up to me and i will make my wing washer an braces to fit my dart topless  .. top blade will be shorttened 4 or 5 inches as dart is narrower. as of now iam loading scrap and trying to sell a few rigs to order a nose cone. have my fender scoops bout done very narrow fender tops.  plan to cut rear wheel opening an door indents like a real Daytona.

drilled an taped top of wing an blade today an its in my living room,bare naked. thanks again,lattter dj :2thumbs:

I have a paper template I got from someone a few years ago but I'll need to make sure it's still in one piece & hasn't been attacked by rodents.   ::)

If it's something that I can scan to make a copy for you, I will. We have a printer/scanner at work that can scan blueprints 36" wide so this will fit. I'll take a look at it later after work & post back.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

hotrod98

You don't need a template. Assemble the wing, use body shop masking tape to cover the entire area of the top of the quarters, have two guys set the wing on where you want it and mark the holes. You need to drill the holes slightly larger than the stud size.
A template won't tell you the width and won't tell you the angle. Trust me, I've installed dozens of wings over the years.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

nascarxx29

I would think a wing gasket work as a template .After you got all necessary measurments to put in right place.I only had metal templates for a superbird wing .Nothing for a daytona   http://s975.photobucket.com/user/Wingcars69/media/101_4930_zps36ad1e8f.jpg.html#/user/Wingcars69/media/101_4930_zps36ad1e8f.jpg.html?&_suid=1371232301301018717664640096698
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

hotrod98

The very first time I installed a wing, I spent a lot of time measuring from stud to stud width wise and lengthwise and used wing gaskets to get the holes in just the right place. Didn't take into account that the uprights aren't always parallel to one another. Now I measure how far the rear stud should be from the rear edge of the quarter so that the wing is in the correct place. Then I set the wing up on the quarters and mark the holes. Works perfect every time. No extra large holes or worse yet, extra holes...lol

Charles Addams

djcarguy

thanks guys i got info i needed for drilling wing base,all good here...  just got back from welbys got layout an made exact tracing off of toms xx daytona.   dont know why i didnt think of it last week. just put card board under quarter tops an darren carefully marked the holes an i took a few measurements from end of quarter..

thanks an latter guys,dj the dartona dreamer :cheers: :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:

hotrod98

What wing did you end up buying? Each of the aftermarket wings have a slightly different stud pattern. Double check that before drilling and I advise you again to set the assembled wing in place before drilling any holes.

Charles Addams

djcarguy

i got one of danes early solid wings.. wing base is 17 x3.5 never drilled.

have too mount uprights first so i can get size to shorten the top blade ,,which is now 57  3/8es?

blade will end up 54 ish inches by my figuring,,trunk is 52 at back ? 

SO MY PLAN MOUNT SIDES AN CUT BLADE TOO FIT  ,,THINK IT WILL WORK???   ???   ???? :cheers: :icon_smile_question: :icon_smile_question: :shruggy:

kab69440

Seems like it should. Do you want a pair of indents from a 69 Charger hood for your Dart hood?
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."