News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

zillow.com tells you the value of your house

Started by PocketThunder, February 23, 2006, 04:36:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PocketThunder

I plugged in my address and it said $253k, we only paid $234 5 months ago.  8% is not to shabby.  i hope its accurate.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Ponch ®

Quote from: PocketThunder on February 23, 2006, 04:36:43 PM
I plugged in my address and it said $253k, we only paid $234 5 months ago.  8% is not to shabby.  i hope its accurate.

just typed in my addy and the value is 3 times what we bought for in 2000 :o
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Orange_Crush

WAAAAY off.

It told me it estimated my house value at 360,000.00.

I got offered 400,000 for my house last summer (changed my mind about selling) and its showing one of the houses in my neighborhood with a value of 253,000 and it JUST sold for 435,000.00

I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

HAZZARDJOHN

I better be way off! it says mine is only 163,000. I know Pocket thunder can vouge for how little that buys you this close to the City. I paid more than that for it three years ago and it is on the market for 225,000.  ::)  The neighbor just sold his smaller house for 215,000.

~HJ
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't fix your brakes, but don't worry I made your horn louder."

Shakey

The real estate rags that come with the local paper tell me what my neighbours are trying to sell their houses for, which in turn tells me what the approximate value of my house is.  It has gone up $120,000.00 CDN since I bought it in 2002 but that doesn't matter as I don't plan on moving for a few more years.  The next move will be the final move.  Out to the country, not too far from town where I can have an acre or two and my children can run and play.

Mopar440+6

QuoteNo homes were found at *** Peiper Rd, *****

:ahum: Apparently I don't have a home. :shruggy:
"If you cant fix it with a wrench, get a hammer. If that doesn't work, get a bigger hammer!"

skip68

353k ???  That's pretty close I guess.  We just finished my buddies refi this last week and it was at 328k.  Not to bad for a week :icon_smile_big:..
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

69charger2002

mine just said tax assessed value $9,860.. umm i don't live in a hut.. what does this mean???
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

sixpack70

1966 Falcon
1969 Mustang Mach 1
1970 Charger R/T 440+6 4spd

Telvis

triple_green

That is an amazing site. It could put a big strain on the appraisal business.

I checked out my neighborhood. It even allows you to change inaccurate and outof date data about your house. Lets you add for remodeling that has been done etc. I was able to get a more accurate value from this than the appraisal I got from a professional appraiser 2 years ago when I refinanced.

Nice tool!

3X
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

MyMopar

Well lets see, my house sold 4 months agao and now it is valued $60g more  ???  I don't think so.  Of course the house I just bought 4 months ago has gone up $110g  :eek:  Now that is not a bad investment, if it were true.

Orange_Crush

Quote from: triple_green on February 24, 2006, 10:32:24 AM

3X

Sort-of...if it wasn't so easy to mess with the system.

My neighbor's house is now worth twice what it was an hour ago...when I told her about this site.

I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

MyMopar

Quote from: Orange_Crush on February 24, 2006, 11:51:58 AM
Quote from: triple_green on February 24, 2006, 10:32:24 AM

3X

Sort-of...if it wasn't so easy to mess with the system.

My neighbor's house is now worth twice what it was an hour ago...when I told her about this site.
:iagree:
Too many variables to have it be accurate.  It is a good estimate tool though.  Find a house that sold in the area, look it up on Zillow and then figure out the percentage of error and when you look calculate that in and oh never mind.  This is a Charger board.  On the other hand if you do take the information, post it on ebag and sell teh house with that info, you ccan afford to buy any Charger you want  :D

tipopiola

We had ours appraised a year ago for 20,000 more than what the site states.  If anything in the last year things have gone up a bit more.  It is kind of cool to see how it rates your home to your neighbors homes.  Tipopiola

Blue Pentastar

Well it says my house doesn't exist But I see it in the satelitte pics. although there are very old images.

Oh well it was fun to look at.
69 Charger White Hat Special  
04 Chrysler 300M Special
99 Ram 3500 Dually Diesel

triple_green

It incorporates the necessary variables and update to do an accurate appraisal. If you lie or exagerate the features it can be made to say anything. That's why, just like with any appraisal you need to veryify what it says and  the calculations.

3X
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

Arkgl01

:o mine says 44,000$ for 6 acres a pol and 4000 sqft.. dang I got ripped
69 440 RT matching.. mostly original!

adauto

Zillow has really helped in figuring some investments we have in property, :yesnod: especially out of state. Bad thing for us is that its only homes at the moment and not land.
Never too many! 70 Chally R/T Convert-70 GTX-68-69-74 Charger-68 Dart GTS

http://a-dauto.com/  http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Rocky

It said 489K for my house.  I just refinanced 3 months ago, and the appraiser said 435K, even with one of the 3 full baths completely gutted, and some other interior work still going on.

I bought for 350 a year and a half ago.  I think the figures are slightly optimistic for my area, but not by too much.

bull

Mine is listed at $243,187 which is a little higher than what it appraised at last summer when we did our refinance. We paid $167,500 for it in July '02 so it's really gone up. All homes have shot up in value here in Portland over the past year or so. The only thing wrong with the listing is that it says we have a 3 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath home when it's actually a 4 bedroom. I guess the fourth bedroom could be considered a den since it's by itself on the main floor, but it's got a window and a closet which meets the criteria of a bedroom. Also, we just finished off a spare room so now it's technically a five bedroom house that's just over 2000 sq. ft.

BB1

No data for mine, but my parants pos is worth a half million.  :eek: Woop, can't wait to inherit and sell that sucker. :lolexplode:

I see a Hemi Charger in my future.  ;D
Delete my profile

66ragtop

It's got me at 115(NOT) and homes are selling here for mid 160's? :icon_smile_question:
Need Beer!  66 coronet 440 convertible, 99 ram 2500 cummins, 99 plymouth breeze, Dog (Bree) Ameri-Camp 32 ft. travel trailer (hence cummins)

AKcharger

RECHRGD

Quote from: AKcharger on March 28, 2009, 11:21:14 AM
I didn't see any price calculator? :shruggy:

This thread is three years old.  I don't think Zillow is still showing prices.  The last time I looked I didn't see any prices.  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

68pplcharger

Yea I tried to look up my house and it couldn't be found. The satellite photo showed my next door neighbors house under construction. It was finished 3 1/2 years ago!! Doesn't look to promising for accurate information

71_Charger_R/T

Quote from: RECHRGD on March 28, 2009, 12:41:51 PM
Quote from: AKcharger on March 28, 2009, 11:21:14 AM
I didn't see any price calculator? :shruggy:

This thread is three years old.  I don't think Zillow is still showing prices.  The last time I looked I didn't see any prices.  Bob

I just punched in my address and came up with a price.... wrong data on the number of rooms but pretty close to my tax appraisal. I changed the data to reflect what it really is. We'll see if it goes up accordingly. (I just hope the tax assessor doesn't do the same) 

mikepmcs

Quote from: 69charger2002 on February 24, 2006, 01:03:02 AM
mine just said tax assessed value $9,860.. umm i don't live in a hut.. what does this mean???

Travis and I are on the same bus. :shortbus:
Someone want to help us out here.

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Rolling_Thunder

it says my home is valued at $474,000...    funny thing is the two lots next to us just sold for $900,000 each...     and that was during this crappy economy...     :smilielol:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

AKcharger

Oh, wait, so you just type in you address, I was looking for some tool. Says it's worth $400K woo Hoo I'm rich! I think it's off by about $80K...but I'm with you guys, as long as tax assessor don't think that!

Thunder you pay $9K in TAXES!!!...my gosh man...you must live n the north east (I thought $4500 was bad)

Rolling_Thunder

Southern California on a 1/2 acre lot...    Not many of them left out here - most have been developed into town homes and condos...          Our lot is zoned for 6 homes in sunny so cal...    :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Khyron

$215,000 .... not too bad, close to what I payed.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Magnumcharger

Hmmm....I built mine myself for 185K in 2002.
....Had it appraised and insured for last year for 285K,
....but my property tax form lists it at only 85K for value,

.....cooool! :icon_smile_big:
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

mauve66

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

mopar_nut_440_6

I punched in my address and apparently it is spring and my igloo is going to melt! Showed me almost 4 million places to buy.

Wish I had some extra cash because the states is the place to buy real estate now. A friend of mine went to Scottsdale for the Barret Jackson Auction and ended up buying a house! Crazy times!
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude