News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Opinions for outer wheel wells

Started by EMCustoms, June 23, 2013, 10:13:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EMCustoms

I have a set of AMD outer wheel wells to replace the originals. However, after looking at the originals I am leaning towards just cutting sections off of them to repair the damaged areas.  For those that have done both which is better to do? Replace the entire housing or repair the areas.  I hear that the AMDs have some fitment issues. I picked these up in 2010 if they changed their tooling.  Thanks in advance.

EMCustoms

driver side

green69rt

It's really easy to replace the whole section since you have the quarters off.  my AMD wells fit fine.  I cut the old wells at the flange and just left the layer of metal on the flange in place.  1/16 inch is no going to make any diff in the fitup.

My new quarters mated right up to the well with no problems.

Brock Lee

So does that mean AMD is now selling the correct Charger wheel wells? From what I recall, they were selling the other B body style as Charger.

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: Brock Lee on June 23, 2013, 10:36:54 PM
So does that mean AMD is now selling the correct Charger wheel wells? From what I recall, they were selling the other B body style as Charger.

Yup the first batch of charger outters were wrong. They were re-tooled after. I bought mine 2 years ago. They fit pretty good with amd inners and full 1/4's.

Patronus

From your pics I would just replace the first 2 inches or so from the wheel lip. Im sure you could tell if the wheel houses you own will fit by a good long eye-up. Even if they dont you could section or extend the piece(s) to fit.
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE