News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 ac parts

Started by cdr, September 11, 2013, 07:49:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cdr

this is some 69 440 b body ac hoses,the one from compressor to condenser,,one from evap to compressor ,one fron expan valve to drier,one expan valve,
also some nice original hose clamps & a ballast resistor that has the correct bracket ,,these hoses are in very good condition,i dont know what this stuff is worth????
before i cut it up to fit my aftermarket compressor.

thanx charlie

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

fy469rtse

I'm missing all these lines, I have the expansion valve and new drier, have gone with new style pump, whats with the resistor where is that run ? $ put a figure on it, trouble is I don't need all of it , but for some one restoring there  car these parts are in good shape, I'm sure that there will be interest in these bits , as there usually disgarded

cdr

the resistor is the old points ign type,,,i to have a new style compressor & would have to cut these hoses up to fit,but they are very nice & hate to do that to them.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver

Lord Warlock

so what are you asking for them? 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

cdr

i have no idea what they are worth,i need a condenser & hose kit for mine,bpe has a kit.

fy469rtse

If you don't sell, do what I'm going to do, I'm a bit away from doing it yet but one of the company's like vintage or similar sell lengths of the metal line with fittings and flairs done for air con o rings in many different lengths so you can purchase and bend your self to fit , of course using a good tube bender .
So don't cut up those good original parts , might have been antique air for the made up lengths,
Now that I know I would have to cut them up no longer interested, couldn't do it to in great re usable parts for an original restoration ,

Pete in NH

Hi,

Yes, it would be a shame to cut up those original parts since they are in such nice shape. Since you're going to a new, modern type compressor as you say you will need hoses to match it. Are you using someones conversion kit? Also, if you're going to use newer R-134A refrigerant you would want to make up new hoses with barrier type hoses anyway.

Just 6T9 CHGR

That suction hose pictured is correct for a '70 big block

The discharge(with long steel section)line is correct for a '69 big block

The hose from the dryer will work on either year
:Twocents:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

cdr

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on September 12, 2013, 04:23:56 PM
That suction hose pictured is correct for a '70 big block

The discharge(with long steel section)line is correct for a '69 big block

The hose from the dryer will work on either year
:Twocents:

THANK YOU SIR !!  guess i'm gonna cut em up. :yesnod:

Just 6T9 CHGR

OK why?   Aftermarket compressor would require aftermarket hoses anyway....Im sure you can sell those easilly
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

cdr

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on September 12, 2013, 05:18:07 PM
OK why?   Aftermarket compressor would require aftermarket hoses anyway....Im sure you can sell those easilly
well , since its a mis match of years,i can put different ends & replace the rubber hose with the correct r134 hose,i have a bubble hose crimp tool.

tell me what they are worth & i will post them.

Lord Warlock

I don't know what they are worth either, mine have quite a bit of overspray from the paint job on them, so i'd be willing to buy a replacement set just to simplify things so I don't have to spend hours stripping off the old paint and cleaning the old hoses off, but also don't want to insult someone with a lowball price.  I'd float an offer to you of 60.00 plus shipping, but again, have no clue what they'd cost otherwise. 

Given the fact that my AC hasn't worked since the late 70s, its all cosmetic for me anyway.  At least until I clean off the engine parts which is on the agenda soon.  Intend to remove and repaint the intake, valve covers, AC pump, power steering pump, alternator (soda blast or replace) and refinish the exhaust manifolds.  If I can get them unbolted. 

Lord Warlock
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.