News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

So what would you have done?

Started by GOTWING, June 13, 2013, 05:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69wannabe

I sold a 79 olds cutlass to a guy for his son, I built the engine in it and had driven it for a couple of years before I got my charger so I new it was a good car. Everything on the car worked even the A/C worked great and I only got like 3000 bucks for it but in my defense it was a clean and not your usual ragged out 79 cutlass. It had bucket seats and console and a T shifter in the floor. It was just an oldsmobile tho... So anyway like two or three months after I sold it the guy calls me back complaining bout it running hot and loosing coolant and I just told him it could be a stuck thermostat or worse. I asked him if he knew how his son's driving habits were or if he even knew cause I ran that old car pretty hard and it never ran hot with me. I really didn't know if he expected me to  make it good or what since we were talking bout a 20 year old car and I had owned it since like 94 so it wasn't like I didn't know the car. I had had it for 5 years and about everything was new on it. You never know how someone else treats their vehicles especially two months after it left you. I pretty much blew him off but in a case like above and it being like the next day or so that would be different and meeting him half way with the repair costs shows what a good guy and what a good friend he has!! ;D

ws23rt

These situations can go both ways. I was given a 57 Imperial years ago. The car had too much trouble with the charging system and the guy just gave up. I added tension to the generator belt that fixed the trouble and had a fine running complete car for free.

Hard Charger

at work when I sell a friend I charge a regular price knowing that if there were to be a problem that I would take care of any and all problems and then some. I need room in the sale to be allowed to do that. Friends come for the extra service you would give them and expect the extra consideration if there were to be an issue.

you did the right thing helping out your friend.

charger_fan_4ever

You did good. I would have done the same in your situation. $175 is well worth it since you have to deal with the guy at work everyday.

b5blue

You'd have fixed it before you sold it if you'd known, so you did the right thing. 350.00 for a water pump replacement? Sounds kinda steep to me but I know nothing about it.  :scratchchin:

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: b5blue on June 28, 2013, 07:33:11 PM
You'd have fixed it before you sold it if you'd known, so you did the right thing. 350.00 for a water pump replacement? Sounds kinda steep to me but I know nothing about it.  :scratchchin:

I thought the same. Changed the one on my 01 cummins a few months ago $50 and 20 minutes. Mind you on a v8 hemi im sure its not as easily accesible.

GOTWING

that was using oem parts,new coolant and replacing the thermostat too. I called a couple of places also and it was dead on within a couple of bucks.