News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Caved in nose GL

Started by Ghoste, June 29, 2013, 01:42:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Its actually a 68 and the nose is all caved in so I am guessing it was used in the series or the movies?  XP29F8G249891

Indygenerallee

Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Indygenerallee

And yes they used 68's and 69's they never used any 70's because the front clip was too different. So it very may well be a screen used General Lee.
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Fred

Are we talking about noses or what?    :shruggy:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Ghoste

Bumper, grille, hood.  Can't show pics yet.

Mike DC

There's a Warner Bros GL with a caved-in nose left over from the 2007 "Dukes/Beginning" TV movie.  It had the full cage & black headliner like the rest of the GLs they built for the 2005 show.  It wasn't a traditional GL jump landing.  It rolled into a boulder onscreen (although it looked like they actually had some other object between the boulder & the car).

GL#10

Yes it's a Movie GL from the 2005 and 2007  , it was on display in the Peterson Museum last i heard , in the 2007 movie the GL hits a tree head on , but the damage you see on the Gl appears to be man made by the fx dept .

Vin #XP29F8G249891 is indeed a 1968 and it is Movie GL  #16

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

GL#10

Here is is when it was in Display at the Peterson Museum ,Push bar been removed .

Vin #XP29F8G249891  is Movie GL  #16

Mike DC

With that 2007 movie being so unpopular, IMHO the car would be better off with the front end straightened out.   

Ghoste

You can have the chance to do that if you want Mike, it's going up for sale soon.

Highbanked Hauler

might need a little pulling but it doesn't look serious. Biggest thing would be the grill,those aren't being reproduced yet are they ?
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Ghoste

GL#10

Movie General lee's  #14 thr to #21  where purchsed out of illinois from H.L.A.G  ,   so you can only guess what's hiding under that paint.

ws23rt

Quote from: GL#10 on June 30, 2013, 03:57:25 AM
Here is is when it was in Display at the Peterson Museum ,Push bar been removed .

Is there a paper trail that follows these cars?  So this is #16 are #1-#15 accounted for? How high do the numbers go?
If these questions are left in a fog we will be debating the value of these cars for years.

GL#10

#16 is still owned by Warner Brothers , the rest of the movie Gl's are all accounted for , The Movie cars are documented a lot better than the tv series cars ever where , a lot of that is thanks to the production company that made the movies and Mopar Collectors guide for covering the cars in great detail .

Mike DC

Yeah the 2005/2007 movie GLs are totally known.  There is no room for people "discovering" more movie cars in the future.  We know all the VINs, the drivetrains, their conditions before and after filming, etc. 

WB General Lee

The Peterson car was offered to me by Warner Brothers but I passed on it needed way to much and I am no bodyman lol. Even offered me parts to fix. The 21 I owned and it had some rust issues. The tail panel and rockers and quarters had bondo over rust. The car was restored and now looks great. My 22 General Lee is a little wavy but solid. It has lots of extra medal underneath along with a skid plate. It has a fiberglass hood. Leaving it alone.

TexasGeneral

Quote from: GL#10 on June 30, 2013, 03:57:25 AM

Pardon my ignorance but..... I thought I read somewhere (on this site) that 68's were only produced in "B" Hamtramck, not in "G" St Louis...I guess if its a very late model 68' and 69's were already in production at St. Louis.. Maybe I'm dead wrong too :shruggy:   May an old timer will chime in and set me straight.. I hate to see 2nd gens crashed in the front :'(