News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 Charger with Gen2 Viper

Started by hollywood1336, July 05, 2013, 03:39:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hollywood1336

It has been a long time coming but I finally started to test fit the V10 motor in the car this week. I am the one who bought this car from the Texas Toy Box scum bags a couple years ago and was selling it for a while but decided to fix it up. Two new front fenders, new hood, new rear lower quarters, new valance and new rocker panels and it is laser straight. I have also just replaced the driver and passenger floor pans and torsion bar x-member. The torsion bar x-member has to be modified to fit the Tremec 6 speed. Rear suspension is complete with Firm Feel components although I have replaced their shackles with my own stainless steel shackles and a lot of their hardware with stainless hardware. I also removed the factory undercoating and the underneath looks pristine. I am going to try and not cut into the firewall by placing the radiator on the front of the forward bulkhead, should know whether this will work by the end of the weekend. I am glad I kept the car even though it cost me the extra money in body panels as it is really taking shape now and is turning in to my dream car.

1974dodgecharger

wow, remmeber reading your story........

as for the viper engine damn im jelous and good idea on the rad in front of the brace, hope it works out.

Bob T

That's going to be a tough car mate, nice one.
Put up a few more pics when you get a chance . There's a guy out here most of the way through a 68 GTX viper conversion, looking good too.
It sounds like a bad experience with t.t.b. sorry to hear it, know know much about them, only what I've read on the net, some of it not so good.
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

JB400

Thanks for updating.  I've been wondering what had happened.  You shouldn't have too much trouble mounting the radiator in front of the support.  You will have to modify the grille support though that bolts at the bottom though.