News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is this an AMD tail panel?

Started by jaak, July 06, 2013, 12:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaak

I got a 68 tail panel with a car & parts I bought. Has any other manufacturer other than AMD made these? First off its grey instead of black (The previous owner could have primed it, it seems like an epoxy or something..will not wipe away with thinner). The only numbers/stamping I could find is "AP 42" stamped on the top in the center. Just wanting to check to see what I have. Pics below.
Jason

Ryan

That is NOS buddy. Its junk give it to me  :icon_smile_big:
69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

jaak

Yeah, I was thinking it probably was NOS, but wasn't sure. I got it when I bought some stuff earlier this year, got it out today to clean up and list on eBay, and the more I looked at it and compared it with pics of the AMD repops....I was thinking this one was an original Mopar part.

Thanks,
Jason

Indygenerallee

You sure about that being NOS? Most original NOS sheetmetal I have seen was red oxide primer color and not grey?
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Ryan

Quote from: Indygenerallee on July 06, 2013, 11:12:21 PM
You sure about that being NOS? Most original NOS sheetmetal I have seen was red oxide primer color and not grey?

Yes and the primer they used usually looked terrible. Its obviously been painted.  The numbers stamped into the top are a dead giveaway of it being a chrysler part.
69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

fy469rtse

Yep that's a gem , good find , and in great condition , you only got the red if you ticked of the extra rust protection, and  that was on a :2thumbs: assembled car ,

b5blue

charger_fan_4ever

Brother sold a NOS 68 tail panel a couple years ago. Ended up getting $650 for it. Just an fyi.