News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

440 -> 505 Stroker build

Started by 2Luke2, July 08, 2013, 01:45:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2Luke2

So we just wanted to update the thread with some more pictures of our progress. We finally got the motor together and in the car. We still have a lot of work to do, but hopefully you enjoy the pics as much as we do when we are browsing.

shart70rt

Looks great - I am nearing the same point on my 70 RT now.
Will install the headers this week with the engine out (2 inch TTI) to check clearance on Lakewood bellhousing. Would rather do any clearancing out of the car. 500 ci also. Had it broken in on dyno, 525 hp, 640 torque. Edelbrock heads and dual 600 chm setup. Dished pistons due to 0 elevation and Texas Gulf Coast heat in summer. Went with a Comp Cam hydraulic roller. Sounds great, and torque maxed out from 3200 to 6000 rpm without any drops.

Hemi 4 speed with 3.54 Dana in the back. Put the Passion Performance Overdrive gear set in the tranny, and beefed up the driveshaft, Dana cover, and U-Joint clamps.

Added sub frame connectors, connector under radiator, and a torque strap to motor mount.

Need to put the front suspension back in, took it all out and had it powder coated go mango to match the car. ave the engine on the K-member now and it looks sweet.

Due to health, progress is slow, but will have it put back together in the next few months.

Stephen
Stephen Hart
1970 Charger RT, 440, console 4-speed, Dana 60 3.54
500 Stroker, Edelbrock Heads, Edelbrock intake, dual 600 CFM Carbs,
Comp Hydraulic Roller
Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch setup, Passon Performance overdrive gearset in 833 18 spline 4 spd.
TTI 2 inch headers and 3 inch exhaust.
Subframe connectors
P-S-T polygraphite suspension
4 wheel disc brakes
Classic Auto Air AC
Billet Performance Serpentine Assy
reassembly in progress