News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Trying a different look with my Superbird

Started by hotrod98, July 10, 2013, 11:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrod98

I've been wanting to do something totally different with my Superbird. And, since it's a real bird, I'm kind of limited to what I can do with it.
I looked into stock car rims but couldn't get an answer from the stock car wheel guys about making me a set of 15 x 8's with the correct backspacing so I decided to just buy 15 x 8 steelies instead. I used the P255 TA Radials from my rallys and just put black letters out.
I like the way that it looks but can go back to the rallys if I get tired of this look.
I'm building a black 71 Cuda and might use these rims on that car later on.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

hotrod98

Charles Addams

A383Wing

I think it needs chrome acorn lug nuts & front dust caps.....just my opinion....it's yer car

I do like the black wheels

Bryan

hotrod98

Charles Addams

Finn

1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

billssuperbird

WINGIN IT

Looks good Larry.  :2thumbs:
It would look better with poverty caps too...  :D

Ghoste

That first pic makes the nose look even longer than they normally do. :lol:  The wheels look sinister.

billssuperbird

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Montreal Wing Car

Looks sharp!
Now crank those torsion bars down and put blocks on the rear to lower it for the complete stock car look!

Ben

petercharger

Look at old 70s magazines and look to see if you see what they did without changing it...flasher wheel combos maybe a temp stripe etc...look into the past
best way to get a hold of me is brushcollege@msn.com...thanks

A383Wing

hotrod98

Quote from: billssuperbird on July 11, 2013, 06:44:12 AM
Is there air shocks on your sb

Yes. It has air shocks. Tom placed the valve under the spare tire and I have to remove it to let the shocks down.  I don't think he carried a spare when he had the car. I need to lower the car a little all of the way around. I'll post another pic after I do that.

Charles Addams

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

FJ5WING

I like the new look for sure!
I also LOVE the ride height....That's how I'll do mine. I hate a riding low look on 60-70 era cars.

IMO, you need to dress that out with Black decals including a vinyl top.  :drool5: would look like the black ragtop Bird that was built. Anyhow GREAT wheel selection!!!!!!!! :2thumbs:
wingless now, but still around.

70Sbird

LOOKS BADA$$!
I also agree on the Chrome lugnuts!
:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

Scott Faulkner

ACUDANUT

Your car, your way. I don't care for plain steel rims or dog dish caps.  Why not go retro, and put some Cragar's on. ?

hotrod98

I never cared much for Cragar SS's on Mopars. They look better on Chebbys. I had a set of them on my 69 Chevelle SS 396 back in the early 70's and they looked good on that car.
I have several photo shops of my bird with various rims. I like the 71 up style nascar rims the best but couldn't get the ones that I wanted in the correct backspace. I won't leave these on the bird forever. I may paint them blue and put them on my B5 69 Roadrunner later on. I did that on the B5 69 Superbee that I sold bigblocksam and I really liked that look.

Charles Addams

ACUDANUT

IMO. They just appear to the average person, that you had no money left for rims. :Twocents:

hotrod98

Quote from: ACUDANUT on July 11, 2013, 03:36:26 PM
IMO. They just appear to the average person, that you had no money left for rims. :Twocents:

Maybe that's where they got the phrase "poverty caps" from.
Heck...I'm so broke, I can't even afford poverty caps :)

Charles Addams

DonC1

myaerocars

I think it looks perfect... of course I am biased since I have the same look myself!

Godspeed,
JON