News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dreamcar's 69 Charger

Started by Dreamcar, July 18, 2013, 11:32:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreamcar

Here's the first pic of my 69 Charger that I picked up a few weeks ago. I've already had great help for forum members on finding parts and how to begin fixing others. Based on the fender tag, the car was originally a 383-4b, column shift, cream color (Y3), tan vynil top (CT1), with tan interior (T3). I won't be going 100% original with this color combination, but I don't know for sure what I want to do yet. Regardless, chosing colors is far away in the future as this is a long term project. Right now, I just focused on getting the car ready for long term storage as I work on it and collect the funds as I go. The framerails, rear trunk floor, roof, inner quarters, and engine bay are in absolutely amazing condition. The front floor, which is patched, will be replaced with a new solid pan. The doors (from a donor) are very good, and the rear quarters need a little work but are not that bad. The previous owner (who's on this forum but I can't remember his forum name right now) had the car blasted and primed and began some work, which looks very good and will save me some time and money.  :2thumbs:  Right now, I'm in a parts-collecting mode and the real work should begin soon.

I plan on providing updates periodically. I hope the pictures attaches.

I should add that the car litteraly came with a truck load of extra parts!
"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

1969 Charger, 383, Q5/V1W, A35, H51, N88,  numbers match (under restoration)

Ghoste

Awesome, can't wait to watch your progress. :2thumbs:

(it's in the registry right?  ;) )

Dreamcar

I'll get on the registry soon! Do I still submit to you via pm?
"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

tan top

:2thumbs:   :cheers:  great stuff DC , looking forward to seeing progress pictures & stuff  :yesnod: :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Baldwinvette77

nice car! let me take a wild guess here, its a 69 383, currently has a 318 in it, was sold to you by a man who owns a dog named dodger, has a 68 drivers fender with a patch, and cutout for a 69 marker, has a unique speaker setup on the dash, and has my ass prints on the drivers quarter panel from me leaning on it? (sorry bout that)  :shruggy: and damn, how many parts did he give you.. i might need to find another parts vendor now  :rotz:, But still welcome, and look forward to progress on it  :yesnod:

Dreamcar

You guessed it. I was wondering who's print that was!! :lol:

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: Dreamcar on July 18, 2013, 12:55:41 PM
You guessed it. I was wondering who's print that was!! :lol:

Damn im good  :lol:

JB400

Looks like yours is in similar condition to mine :popcrn: :popcrn:  Good luck on the build.

Mr.SpeedFreak

Charger on the trailer and a truckload of parts, for some reason that's sounding really familiar :lol: congrats on your score and good luck with the build, looking forward to seeing your progress :cheers:
"Hey wait a minute, why aren't you slowing down?" "She doesn't know me very well, does she, Deke?"

'69 Charger R/T SE "Speedfreak" Triple-black street monster in-progress

70 sublime

My old car

First picture is loading up the pile of parts
Second is the new owner
Last pic is a sad sight to see as it is pulling out of my yard
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: 70 sublime on July 19, 2013, 02:50:16 PM
My old car

First picture is loading up the pile of parts
Second is the new owner
Last pic is a sad sight to see as it is pulling out of my yard

Im gonna miss it too, it was almost as colourful as mine  :lol: , but atleast now someone will finish it  :nana:

70 sublime

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on July 18, 2013, 12:53:48 PM
 :shruggy: and damn, how many parts did he give you.. i might need to find another parts vendor now  :rotz:, But still welcome, and look forward to progress on it  :yesnod:

You do not need any more parts from me as every time you get something you go home and cut it up or bring it back looking for something else because you changed your mind and are doing it a different way :)

I hope to see my K frame in one piece again

This 69 Charger will be at least one of the cars I used to have be able to see how it turns out  Have fun Andrew
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: 70 sublime on July 20, 2013, 05:04:27 AM
 :shruggy: and damn, how many parts did he give you.. i might need to find another parts vendor now  :rotz:, But still welcome, and look forward to progress on it  :yesnod:

You do not need any more parts from me as every time you get something you go home and cut it up or bring it back looking for something else because you changed your mind and are doing it a different way :)

oh.. ohyeah thats right  :smilielol:

Dreamcar

Quote from: 70 sublime on July 20, 2013, 05:04:27 AM

This 69 Charger will be at least one of the cars I used to have be able to see how it turns out  Have fun Andrew

I plan on having lots of fun!!