News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone using 17x11 AR500 or VN500 wheels on their charger?

Started by Lord Warlock, July 21, 2013, 12:21:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Warlock

as I measured them the fronts are 24.5 tall and rears are 24.75 inches,  26 would look better to me.  fronts look taller but rear is actually higher
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

petohazy

Thanks for the pics, looks good!  For my plans, I am going to keep hunting for something in the 27" plus range and suitable for regular highway use.  Found 295/50SR16 (rated 118 mph) from BF Goodrich that may work.  From what I understand they run a bit wider, and should be around 27.6" tall.  Now I need to find a 16x10 Magnum 500 style wheel (guessing 5" BS).

Quote from: Lord Warlock on April 06, 2014, 04:07:50 PM
A few pics, excuse the dirty wheels, haven't cleaned em off for a bit after wetsand and buffing with compound.  But you can see how they sit in the wheelwells and get an idea of width.  I was able to install the original magnum 500 center caps, after ordering a set of adapters from year one, they are just the cups that mount inside the wheel and tighten down with two small bolts to the center cap, the originals won't fit because the diameter of the hole isn't the same as 15 inch magnums.  They were pretty cheap.

Front wheel, 245/45 on 17x8 inch rims

Rear tire width

Rear tire height