News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Were these those HEMI-style hubcaps?

Started by Charger Aficionado, February 25, 2006, 11:39:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69fuchs

yes, those are the style.  Be careful though.  I have seen three different covers that look like that. 

One has the red center, one has a silver center, and one says disc brakes in the center.  I can't remember which is which??

hemigeno

Jude,

I think the ones with the red centers were used mostly on Sportsman vans & the like.  Below is a pic from the '69 Dealer Data Book showing that same cover.  69fuchs is right - there are different centers, and I think the Hemi style was different

I made the mistake and bought a set of those a while back thinking that they were correct for Hemicars.  I compared them to the red HemiDaytona that was at the MonsterMopar show this year, but I didn't take a picture *sorry*.  The centers were different, they were the silver style mentioned earlier. 

You could use the outer part of the Sportsman's wheel covers, and just replace the centers (there is a retaining clip that holds the center section in place).  Finding just the correct center sections isn't going to be any easier than finding a complete set of the whole wheel covers - but you might be able to skip trying to refinish a set with a bad case of curb rash on the outers.

:Twocents:

Bluestar

Pardon my ignorance here, but why were the Magnum Road Wheels not available on the Hemi equipped Chargers?  Not strong enough?

hemigeno

Quote from: Bluestar on February 27, 2006, 01:35:16 PM
Pardon my ignorance here, but why were the Magnum Road Wheels not available on the Hemi equipped Chargers?  Not strong enough?

Road Wheels only came in 14", and the Hemi was deemed by Chrysler as worthy of 15" wheels only.  From the factory anyway, all Hemicars came with 15" wheels.

Not an ignorant question at all Bluestar, a lot of us wonder about that...