News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ok, who paid $2700 for it...Fess up

Started by Big Lebowski, February 26, 2006, 08:18:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Lebowski

"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Highbanked Hauler

I DIDN'T, but I sure as hell wouldn't tell anyone if I did. :pity:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Troy

My guess is that they own a very nice (or soon to be) 70 Charger. Just look at the previous auctions they've won. Seems to sell a whole lot of Mopar parts as well.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

69charger2002

i bought 3 restorable project 68-70 chargers last week for less than that DELIVERED!! 2 were R/T's. no way will i ever pay that for ONE piece of metal. as said on the other board. i'd become a member of the XH charger club before paying that.. hope it's going on a $200k hemi resto
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Mike DC

I'd make the stupid thing from scratch before paying that kind of cash.  (And that mindset is why I'm never doing any OE restos.)

Chris G.

Just for the record, these things aren't exactly growing on trees. Sure that's a lot of scratch for a tailpanel piece, but it's probably one of only a handful of NOS one's left. It sure would be nice if someone re-poped these things. Maybe Jude's friend can be convinced. :yesnod:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 69charger2002 on February 26, 2006, 09:10:56 PM
i bought 3 restorable project 68-70 chargers last week for less than that DELIVERED!! 2 were R/T's. no way will i ever pay that for ONE piece of metal. as said on the other board. i'd become a member of the XH charger club before paying that.. hope it's going on a $200k hemi resto
trav

:popcrn: :scope: :callme:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69charger2002

lol chris. you haunt me like the "charger registry police".. lol just kidding. tell ya what i will shoot you some VINS tonight if i get home in time
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Brock Samson

chris and twothousandtwo you should take that act out on the road!  ;D

PocketThunder

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on February 27, 2006, 09:03:14 AM
Quote from: 69charger2002 on February 26, 2006, 09:10:56 PM
trav

:popcrn: :scope: :callme:

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Lowprofile

A fool and his money shall soon part.  :rotz:    IMHO.  :icon_smile_big:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

charge70

That would be me.Yea,its a lot of money,but I've already spent a lot on NOS parts for my car,so whats a little more.I'm only doin this car one time and I'm gonna do the best I can,to make it as nice as possible.It'll be a driver when I'm done,no trailer queen here.My car is a 70 Charger R/T S.E. #'s matching,optioned very well,and I'm adding a bunch more options including the sunroof,which already has been installed.I've owned her,or should I say she's owned me since 1981.Hope to have the resto done in a couple of years if everything goes right,we'll see what happens. John :icon_smile_big:

Brock Samson

well if there's any gas left and ya aint scared to drive it... since '81 huh?..  :icon_smile_sleepy:

bull

nakita7

Glad I'm not one of those people out there with more money than brains....

6pkrunner

I've pretty much given up on trying to make sense of the whole hobby...errr investment portfolio. If some millionaire wants to pay huge coin to make a new car - so be it. I lament that the lesser parts get caught in the upward sprial of insanity- such are the laws of supply, demand, and gouging. Hope it doesn't get dented as he pushes the queen off the trailer. ;D

472 R/T SE

If you look, every so often you come across a used one.  Sure it needs to be sent off to look NOS but charge70 wants nothing but NOS, what's wrong with that?  I know a few guys like that. 
I have to go the restoration route, cause that's all I can afford.  I'd love to have NOS, but just because I can't, doesn't mean I'm gonna bad mouth someone who can.

charge, power to ya' and screw anyone else that wants to give you shit. ;)

Big Lebowski

Quote from: charge70 on February 27, 2006, 08:10:37 PM
That would be me.Yea,its a lot of money,but I've already spent a lot on NOS parts for my car,so whats a little more.I'm only doin this car one time and I'm gonna do the best I can,to make it as nice as possible.It'll be a driver when I'm done,no trailer queen here.My car is a 70 Charger R/T S.E. #'s matching,optioned very well,and I'm adding a bunch more options including the sunroof,which already has been installed.I've owned her,or should I say she's owned me since 1981.Hope to have the resto done in a couple of years if everything goes right,we'll see what happens. John :icon_smile_big:

Dude, you're the man. I'm sure you'll get your money back, and more. Speaking of E-bay $$$. there's a '70 Six-pack Charger at $80,000 reserve not met. Wow.
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Chris G.

Quote from: Big Lebowski on February 28, 2006, 06:14:06 PM
Speaking of E-bay $$$. there's a '70 Six-pack Charger at $80,000 reserve not met. Wow.

That car has one of the worst re-pop tags I have seen. What you see listed in the auction, is what's actually on the tag. Nice car, 80K is pretty amazing for that car, but it is a '70...so... :P

Dodge Don

Quote from: AllBlueRT on February 28, 2006, 12:20:18 PM
If you look, every so often you come across a used one.  Sure it needs to be sent off to look NOS but charge70 wants nothing but NOS, what's wrong with that?  I know a few guys like that. 
I have to go the restoration route, cause that's all I can afford.  I'd love to have NOS, but just because I can't, doesn't mean I'm gonna bad mouth someone who can.

charge, power to ya' and screw anyone else that wants to give you shit. ;)

Here here  :iagree:

How someone spends their money is their business. I see those posts about "how much have you spent on your Charger" and I have spent a damn site more than most....I can, so I do. Hate the game....not the player  :horse: