News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fast & Furious 6 Daytona in 1:18 scale!

Started by SuperJim, August 12, 2013, 01:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperJim

I never thought this would happen, but a company IS going to make new tooling for a dedicated mold for the Fast & Furious 6 movie car - the Daytona Charger. To be made by GreenLight in 1:18 scale, here is what they told us.

#19003 - is a 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona custom as in the Fast & Furious 6 movie (real car photo's at this time). Added to our site 8/7/13 this will be made by GreenLight Collectibles. We are told it is a closed hood car to keep the cost down on this brand new Mopar tooling, yet will be lowered, have the cool wheels, door handles are removed (custom button), custom side exit exhaust, side lights removed, shaved rear bumper, and have the race style interior/gauges, just like the real car.

For those interested, use the link below. Thanks for the read.

http://www.supercar1.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=6727&zenid=vjpcnbajo7dcga2h3r7t8lus82

Jim
Supercar Collectibles, Ltd.
http://www.supercar1.com/index.php

myk

"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

TPR

Yuck. They cancel the DMCL Charger and yet they go ahead with this? :shruggy:
I guess there are more youngsters out there that will want this compared to the older generation that would love a Citron Yella '69.
It would be great if they spent some money tooling an "Authentics" line of Daytona's instead.
Any other Chargers on the horizon Jim?
Thanks anyway Jim.
TPR
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

SuperJim

Yes they are $64, but in todays world (not 20 years ago) all new tooling for 1:18 is rare to happen, as it's expensive. Plus they can't do tons of colors like a stock body musclecar, so it's all that tooling money in to an overall small run of cars. Just saying, that's how it works for a project like this.

The collectors, the dealers, and the manufacturer all really really wanted to do DMCL, and it only was canceled due to Fox asking for way higher than usual movie car royalties. Blame Fox on that one. Note: Hopefully the manufacturer will try again in 2014, as all (all) of us do want the car.

As far as a Authentics level tooling for Daytonas, I don't see it happening. The tooling for that level can easily run $150,000+ before even 1 car is producede, and today the hobby just doesn't support it anymore. Hence the no opening hood/trunk on the FF6 car. Between the economy still not super, our age group getting older and retiring, getting on fixed incomes, truly downsizing living area, and even passing away, it's pretty much just the TRUE COLLECTORS buying now - not 10's of thousands like in the past. New 1:18 tooling is rare these days, so support it when you can.

GreenLight is also making a new no opening hood/doors stock Daytona (Red with Black stripe/wing). It should be nicer than the older Ertl tooling, but still not Authentics type. Something in between I can only guess at this time.

Thanks for the read all....
Jim

myk

Guess I'm just stuck in the good 'ol days, when I could drive the Charger to a Toys R Us and have a whole aisle dedicated to 1:18 and then pick one up for about $20.  Honestly I'll probably pick up that FF6 Day-clona anyway...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

marshallfry01

Hobby Lobby is the best place that I have found to buy models. I know they have 1:24 scale but I'm not sure about 1:18.  :Twocents:
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

SuperJim

QuoteGuess I'm just stuck in the good 'ol days, when I could drive the Charger to a Toys R Us and have a whole aisle dedicated to 1:18 and then pick one up for about $20.  Honestly I'll probably pick up that FF6 Day-clona anyway...

I totally agree. I too miss those days of a complete aisle, top to bottom, full of 1:18 to chose from. Welcome to 2013, but they're still kind of fun to get.
Jim

TPR

Thanks for the insight Jim. I'll definitely consider the Red/Black Daytona when a Pre Pro Sample pic is made public.
TPR
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com