News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone here with the OER repro 68-70 guages? Good or bad???

Started by Kern Dog, August 19, 2013, 11:12:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kern Dog

I'm looking to replace the guages in my 70. The OER guages I see in the Classic Industries catalog look very nice.
The car came with a clock on the large left pod. I replaced that with an aftermarket tach from "Restorations by Julius". It was painted in a factory type font to appear like a factory piece. My speedo works fine, but I figured if I replace the other guages, the speedo will look terrible in there. My Ammeter works. The Temp guage too, although it seems to err on the low side. The Oil Pressure guage has been dead almost a year now. The Gas guage consistantly reads a 1/4 tank below what is in the tank.
Has anyone here any experiences with these guages? I'm interested in any feedback, good or bad. Thanks, Greg

WHITE AND RED 69

Keep your original speedometer and just add a new decal, it will match almost spot on. You can get the decal from performance car graphics for like $30 bucks, better than the $300 for a new speedometer. My "new" reproduction speedometer has been giving me problems. Worked fine at first but 6 months later started reading way off, thought it was the cable so I replaced it and it got worse somehow??? I have a new temp gauge though (and had a new ammeter gauge but replaced it with a volt meter conversion later) and it works and looks great.   :cheers:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Kern Dog

I was thinking the same thing! Sure would be nice to save $270!
Thanks a bunch!