News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone have a picture of how panel above grill bolts to it.

Started by Dave27, August 13, 2013, 12:09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave27

I didnt take it apart so I dont know how it goes its the steel panel that goes above the grill assy and also holds the hood latch.I bought the concourse spacer kit I think a nutplate goes on the grill but how many spacers or what have you goes between the two pieces. I have also seen allot of chargers woth a support that runs from this panel to the core support and some without. Which is correct or is it different from year to year....Thankyou.....Dave

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Dave27

Ok looks like I am definatly missing that vertical support. Wish I could see if you have any spacers between those bolts that bolt the grill to the upper panel...Thankyou though.....Dave.

Dave27

Oh I saw a diagram looks like there is no gap just a few bolts from the top and you suck it down tight and thats it :)

green69rt

Just looked at mine no spacers but there are some odd plastic fittings that the bolts go thru.  It's hard to see in the top pic but the bolt goes down to a j nut or whatever they are called.

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

green69rt

Yeah Charlie, that's from Hoover.   They seem to have a bunch of stuff for our cars.

Here's their site for the same thing (maybe? looks like there are more pieces in the ebay package.?)

https://www.hooverautoparts.com/products/Body/MC680C.php

Dave27

Thankyou but I allready bought the concourse spacer kit so I have those. There is just no directions that show where they go and  the manual I have isnt very helpfull.

Dave27

The pictures from CDR and Green69 were very helpfull though...Thanks again.....Dave

bull

Gunslinger is the only place that produces the correct 68 grill spacer kit with the special thin washer. But it's a "whatever" vs. originality thing again and it appears to be the same thing Hoover has listed in the Ebay link. Strange that the Hoover set on Ebay is different than the one listed on their website. :shruggy:

el dub

I don't know if this helps. I think there are 4 spacers on top and 4 on the bottom. The spacer goes between the frame and the piece that the screw goes through.
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem