News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

need some of your opinions on something...

Started by DoubleDlover, September 16, 2013, 12:12:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoubleDlover

ok. everyone chime in on this. say you all had a dana under your car. And one of the axles was a strange axle. You cant tell it from just looking. You have to take the wheel off and really look. would you care? would it bother you? keep you tossing and turning at night? Make you feel your car is not worth as much cause it didn't have the original axle? thanks

JB400

I personally wouldn't be bothered by it.  If it did, I'd buy another one to match the one I have.

1966hemi

I'd buy another Strange axle for the other side and be happy knowing those axles are super duper strong. The stock original Dana60 axles are very stout pieces in and of themselves, I've never twisted a Dana axle or stripped splines on mine. I read somewhere once that a stock Dana60 assembly can handle 1000 1/4 mile drag race launches without damage. I tend to think that is true.

myk

Yes, it would bother me because why would one axle be different than the other?  I would buy another Strange axle for the other side, THEN sleep soundly knowing that the car is that much better in the rear end department...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Moparpoolman

Quote from: 1966hemi on September 16, 2013, 12:51:06 AM
I'd buy another Strange axle for the other side and be happy knowing those axles are super duper strong. The stock original Dana60 axles are very stout pieces in and of themselves, I've never twisted a Dana axle or stripped splines on mine. I read somewhere once that a stock Dana60 assembly can handle 1000 1/4 mile drag race launches without damage. I tend to think that is true.

I guess I hit the 1001 launch with mine and bent one of my axles a few years back.  If you are going to put a slick on it and race you should get another strange axle for the other side, if you break one on the track you will probably make a radical turn for the worse :brickwall:.  I run a set of Mosers.   

tan top

don't worry about it  , just get a  nother matching axle  , or I would be inclined to get   a new pair of axles mosier or strange , just so you know whats what  :Twocents:  :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

moparstuart

Quote from: DoubleDlover on September 16, 2013, 12:12:15 AM
ok. everyone chime in on this. say you all had a dana under your car. And one of the axles was a strange axle. You cant tell it from just looking. You have to take the wheel off and really look. would you care? would it bother you? keep you tossing and turning at night? Make you feel your car is not worth as much cause it didn't have the original axle? thanks
no it would not   :Twocents:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

GOTWING

1970Moparmann

Quote from: tan top on September 16, 2013, 03:55:27 AM
don't worry about it  , just get a  nother matching axle  , or I would be inclined to get   a new pair of axles mosier or strange , just so you know whats what  :Twocents:  :yesnod:

x2 :cheers:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

70 sublime

If it is not broke don't fix it
Would not bother me
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Mopar Nut

Quote from: 1966hemi on September 16, 2013, 12:51:06 AM
I'd buy another Strange axle for the other side and be happy knowing those axles are super duper strong.
Quote from: myk on September 16, 2013, 01:48:16 AM
I would buy another Strange axle for the other side, THEN sleep soundly knowing that the car is that much better in the rear end department...
:iagree:
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

6PakBee

If you are going to stay within the capabilities of the stock Dana axle, then replace the Strange axle with a stocker and sleep well.  Otherwise buy another Strange, .... and sleep well..

Budnicks

Quote from: 6PakBee on September 18, 2013, 03:21:18 PM
If you are going to stay within the capabilities of the stock Dana axle, then replace the Strange axle with a stocker and sleep well.  Otherwise buy another Strange, .... and sleep well..
:2thumbs:
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

nvrbdn

i really dont think i would spend the energy thinking about it. there are several little things i need to do to clean up my car. they will consume my thinking process. :yesnod:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Mopar John

With a bunch of racing experience behind me here is what I would do:
1) Buy a pair of stock axles and install them if your not going to beat on the car!
2) If I was going to go the strange axle route I would ship the one I have to them
    And tell them exactly where it came from! What side and what type and year rear end.
    They might not even be able to make a similar mate! DON'T order the other side till
    Strange takes a look at the one you have. Strange and Moser have very quick
    turn around times usually 2-3 days!
I used to break 8 3/4's about once a year! Installed a Moser Dana 60 and NEVER a
  rear end problem since!
MJ