News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Water at bottom of nosecone of a Superbird your opinion please?

Started by Hoser2455, September 05, 2013, 09:17:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoser2455

I was at a show recently where there was a real nice Superbird.  It had just got caught in the rain, with hood closed, and when I was looking at it there was water laying in the bottom of the nosecone.  Is this common on all birds?  I currently have the inside of my nose cone in primer just like what came from the factory.  Would I be better off just painting the inside of the nose cone black to protect it more?  I'm not going for a gold car rating or a concourse judging, but the rest of the car has been completely redone for show quality.  Even though the car will hopefully not get driven in the rain, I know the general washing of it and the occasional shower at a car show or so will happen. Would you paint the inside of the nose cone black to protect it more, or leave it in the primer?  Opinions anyone? 

DAY CLONA

Consider cutting in a small oval shaped drain hole in the center of the cone just prior to the rear lip.....pretty much like how all front valances/panels are drained?,,,it would be behind the front spoiler, and you wouldn't see it

billssuperbird

hemi68charger

You could also just paint the inside with the primer-looking paint like we do for the underside of the body ( when we want to have the OEM body-color overspray ). If you get caught in the rain, it will probably retain some water, but a lot of times, it blows out if there is still travel time to your designation or you can just wipe it down when you get home........

http://www.performancecargraphics.com/Paints_Dyes/Dip_Tank_Primer.htm

Cheers,
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

remta1