News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

choke problems 1975 dodge charger special edition 5.9l 360 sb

Started by Jamesew16, December 21, 2013, 12:55:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamesew16

Hi I'm new to this forum and the mopar world (previous Honda & dsm owner)
But anyway I'm mechanically inclined and very good at fine tuning but ever since I replaced my 2 barrel Holley and dual plane intake. (Egr was removed as well and was COMPLETELY plugged up) the car hates freezing temps.
Here's what I know
Car claimed to have ONLY 99,000 original miles when purchased. Sat for 20 years but ran damn good still when I got it. EVERYTHING is original and has nothing replaced but a couple hoses (yes this cars that immaculant)
But anyway when it@ freezing m car starts perfect don't even have to pump gas to crank but after it warms up and go to drive the car and if I try to go quick it feels likes gas suffocated it and going up an incline will kill it. I check my choke and the thing won't adjust after its warm. I have to fully open it and close it when the engine gets really hot. It's electric choke and is wired correctly but I need some ideas. I know I probably need thinner needles. But why would my choke get stuck when cold. Fyi I have no valley pan (yea I know) and I think that raised my oil pressure so the hose going from valve covers (forgot what its called) to carb are sucking what seems to be excessive oil into my carb and its leaking down the seals. Might I alson  add that the carbs only 6k and less than 6 months old and same fort my 3350 torker manifold. So any help would be awesome. And Sorry for getting a little of topic. Thanks

John_Kunkel

Quote from: Jamesew16 on December 21, 2013, 12:55:19 PM
I check my choke and the thing won't adjust after its warm. I have to fully open it and close it when the engine gets really hot.

Huh?

QuoteFyi I have no valley pan (yea I know) and I think that raised my oil pressure so the hose going from valve covers (forgot what its called) to carb are sucking what seems to be excessive oil into my carb and its leaking down the seals.

Huh?

QuoteMight I alson  add that the carbs only 6k and less than 6 months old and same fort my 3350 torker manifold.

Huh?
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.