News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

EZ Wiring

Started by Old Tired Rebel, September 11, 2013, 10:33:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Tired Rebel

Has anyone used EZ Wiring Harness 18 fuses/ 21 circuit wiring kits? I plan to get their kit for my 74 Charger but I want to try a kit on my Cordoba.

myk

I had one of those installed in my Charger.  I love having blade-type fuses and fresh wiring.  Unless you're looking a factory install you can't go wrong with the EZ kits...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Old Tired Rebel

Thanks,I am tired of butchered up wiring. I guess now I will need to research what other parts I will need to make it work properly.

myk

I'll check with the shop that did my rewire, but as far as I know the extent of your "work" will be crimping and connecting your own connections, re-using your original plugs/connectors, as well as ripping out the old and installing the new; there shouldn't be much fabrication involved.  Also, there are "Mopar" specific kits that from my initial impression even had some of the correct wire colors in the harnesses. 

Old wiring is a nightmare, man.  If it isn't hacked and spliced to death after 40 years, then in some cases it's so brittle and aged that it could almost crumble in your hands.  Trust me man, a complete rewire is one of the greatest things I ever did with my car...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Old Tired Rebel

Thanks sounds like the best way to go.