News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Another DMCL Charger is born.

Started by GordonGriggs, September 15, 2013, 06:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GordonGriggs

Last night I put on the black racing stripes. I have a ton of other things to fix before I can even think about driving it on the street. But at least all of the Major things are done. I saw "Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry when I was 12 and I wanted that car then. Im 46 now, It only took me 34 years to get it. Never give up.

Youtube video below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ubdi4n25Q8U

Baldwinvette77

Freaking awesome, but didnt the hero car have R/T emblems, or is this the backup car that you replicated  :icon_smile_big:

charger_fan_4ever

tan top

:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:  nice job  :yesnod:    love the DMCL charger  :yesnod:

Clown to franklin clown to franklin

this aint no dirt trackin rounda rounda
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Cool car, but stay away from trains and orchards!  :Twocents:

JT01

Old Tired Rebel

NHCharger

Awesome :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
I've been following your build on F/B.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

oldcarnut

Looks good  :2thumbs:  In 74 I was 14 when it came out and wanted one too :yesnod:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUyND1_cgJQ

Mopar Nut

Nice job, don't let crazy Larry drive it.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Just 6T9 CHGR

Sweet!  What else is yellow in the garage?  :scope:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Fred

Quote from: Mopar Nut on September 15, 2013, 07:50:05 PM
Nice job, don't let crazy Larry drive it.

I wouldn't let dirty Mary get into it either. :icon_smile_big:

Sweet car  :2thumbs:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Ghoste

TPR

Congratulations. A fine example.
I waited almost 34 years for my Charger too. Great to hear when someones dream comes true.
-Now lookout for low flying helicopters.
TPR
:cheers:
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

JB400

Glad to see another one :2thumbs:  I'm curious as to what else is yellow as well.  Mustang maybe?

Mopar Nut

I do see a yellow Mustang possibly.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

myk

Good work, man.  What else needs to be done to make it road-worthy?
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

jaak

looks great! who made your 440 stripe decal?

Jason

71_Charger_R/T

WOW! Nice!!  It's a four speed console car too!  :drool5:

tracpack440

Looks awesome.  keep working on it get it on the road  :drive:
1969 Charger  R/T SE 4 spd dana

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

bmoparmofo

69 charger 383 t5, 67 newport 383, 67 newport custom 383

model maker

Very nice & done RIGHT ! your stripe tapers correctly to the point on the front fender. I wish I still had my original # 2 movie car. congrats on achieving your dream, very nicely done !
Bert
MODEL MAKER

XS29L

MOPAR OR NO CAR !!

miamivice

mowdawg

Looks fantastic!  Great color.   :2thumbs:

GordonGriggs

What else is yellow? Beside the floor and the Lawnmower, my other 66 charger is yellow.

I got the stripe's made here.

One Day Signs
sales@onedaysigns.com
518-237-5774

It was $225 for 2 sets. I figured I might mess up one set putting them on.

What else needs to be done to make the DMCL Charger road worthy? Where do I start?

1. Windshield. I accidentally hit the windshield with a screwdriver trying to pry up the wiperblades. I had them in the wrong position. I did this right before I took the photo's. Totally my fault. I was really tired and I should have left the car alone. I make mistakes when Im tired.

2. Universal joints.

3.Electrical/Fuel problem starts and runs ok, then just cuts off for no reason. Turns over but won't start back up.

4.No radio/cd player. I refuse to drive a Charger unless I can listen to "Master of Reality" by "Black Sabbath" while driving.

5. Im sure there are other things but I can't remember what they are.

Im going to try and get the windshield fixed this year but that's all Im doing until next spring. I love this car but Im tired and I really need a break from it. Ill start it up at least once a week to keep it up and I may pull it out to hose off the dust but that's going to be about it until next spring.

Mopar Nut

Quote from: GordonGriggs on September 16, 2013, 11:13:50 PM
I make mistakes when Im tired.
We all do, just be safe.

Both cars are a work of art.

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

hemi-ed

That's too much.  I watched that movie just last night.  I forgot the car was that color with that stripe.  Yea, you forgot the R/T.  Didn't the car have a R/T?  Nice repro.

Ghoste

There was more than one car used so sometimes it has an RT badge and sometimes not.  :lol:

bsakal

Cool car. We're the same age, and saw the movie for the first time about the same age. I hope the rest of the project goes smoothly.
69 Charger SE - 66 Chrysler Newport 383

magnum

Awesome car! Looks great! Mine is getting there. Got to drive it this past weekend for the first time! Were did you get the stripes?
Takes a MOPAR to catch a mopar!

THE CHARGER PUNK

Quote from: Ghoste on September 17, 2013, 03:38:24 PM
There was more than one car used so sometimes it has an RT badge and sometimes not.  :lol:

exactly.

elanmars

hell, and in some shots it was a 1968 Dodge Charger. Maybe tribute/clone cars can't be legit until they have a 68/69 feature!  :icon_smile_big:
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

elanmars

Quote from: elanmars on September 17, 2013, 09:43:21 PM

hell, and in some shots it was a 1968 Dodge Charger. Maybe tribute/clone cars can't be legit until they have a 68/69 morphing feature!  :icon_smile_big:
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

bull

hell, and in some shots it was a 1968 Dodge Charger. Maybe tribute/clone cars can't be legit until they have a 68/69 feature!  :icon_smile_big:

That's what I was going to ask. Has anyone done one of these in a 68 version?

Mopar Nut

Quote from: bull on September 17, 2013, 11:37:11 PM

That's what I was going to ask. Has anyone done one of these in a 68 version?
That would be cool.

GL#10

Great Work , love it , post some more pictures .

Ghoste

I saw a 70 version once but I haven't seen a 68 one.  That would be cool but it would need sloppily added 69 taillights and a rollbar too.

ACUDANUT

With all the yellow on the garage floor, it looks like you painted it yourself ?  :scratchchin:

GordonGriggs

Over the years Ive painted all of my Charger's myself.  It was a CrAzY week off

Saturday- sanded and taped off car to paint doorjams, and under trunk. I painted under hood before I put in engine so that was done.
   Sunday- Painted doorjams and under trunk
   Monday- Hunted for tires all day and bought tires at pepboys
   Tuesday- Sanded rest of car and taped it off
   Wednesday- Painted car
   Thursday- Mounted my tires and put them on car
   Friday- Put the grill, front valance, and bumpers back on car.
   Saturday- Put the door panels, sill plates, and rubber seals back on.
   Sunday- Starting cleaning up the mess I made doing all this work.
   Monday- Back to work.  Beleive me, I was happy to get back to work so I could get a break.:icon_smile_big:

XS29L9B2

very nice work have you got another pictures please
dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

Cooter

If mine wasn't orange with different decals......... :2thumbs:
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Ghoste