News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

cars auction lambrecht collection

Started by cdr, September 19, 2013, 09:46:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DadsCharger00

RULES OF THE AUCTION....this is great....

NO CHARGE FOR ADMISSION AND NO CHARGE FOR BIDDING NUMBER- BUT YOU MUST QUALIFY!

ATTENTION-

BIDDERS MUST REGISTER ON-SITE OR CAN CONTINUE REGISTERING AS ON-SITE BIDDERS THROUGH WWW.PROXIBID.COM. WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING EARLY BIDDER REGISTRATION FOR THIS AUCTION. BIDDERS THAT WILL BE AT THE AUCTION IN NEBRASKA MUST NOW REGISTER ON-SITE FRIDAY, SATURDAY OR SUNDAY. THANK YOU! SEE YOU THERE!

We are getting everything ready for the Lambrecht Chevrolet Company Auction! We are excited to see everyone! Here is the Run Down for Both Days of the Auction. If you pre-registered and did not get your number call- or we get a copy of the number for you at the auction.

THE FIRST DAY WE WILL BE SELLING DEALERSHIP CARS, MORE MSO CARS, PARTS, ADVERTISING, AND START OF PROJECT CARS!

THE AUCTION WILL TAKE PLACE IN PIERCE NEBRASKA IN A FIELD- ADJACENT TO THE PIERCE COMMUNITY GOLF COURSE- NORTH OF PIERCE NEBREASKA. MANY PEOPLE WILL COME TO PREVIEW AND RO BID AT THE LIVE AUCTION OF THE LAMBRECHT COLLECTION. BIDDERS THAT CAN'T COME TO THE AUCTION MAY ALSO PARTICIPATE IN THE AUCTION BY BIDDING ON-LINE WITH PROXIBID.COM THROUGH THE ONLINE AUCTION THAT RUNS THE SAME TIME AS THE LIVE AUCTION. CURRENTLY, THE CATALOG IS LOADED TO THE WEBSITE AND BID CAN OCCUR- BUT NONE OF THESE BIDS GO "LIVE" TILL THAT LOT IS SOLD ON IT'S DAY. THEN IT'S LIVE COMPETITION BETWEEN ON-SITE AND ON-LINE UNTIL THE ITEMS IS DECLARED SOLD IN PIERCE, NE. ALL BIDDERS HAVE EQUAL CHANCE AT WINNING THE BID. THE BID SHOWING CURRENTLY ONLINE MAY BE AN OPENING BID OR IT MAY BE HIGHER ON THE FLOOR, WE WILL KNOW AT THE LIVE AUCTION , ON-SITE, IN PIERCE, NE. IT'S A TOOL SO THAT EVERYONE CAN PARTICIPATE IN THE AUCTION. CURRENTLY LIVE AUDIO AND VIDEO PLANNED. IT CAN BE JUST VIEWED ALSO WITHOUT BIDDING.

PREVIEW IS SEPT. 27TH, 2013 FROM 8:30 TO 8PM- NO EARLY PREVIEW- SORRY. YOU MAY REGISTER ON PREVIEW, OR EARLY ON-SITE REGISTRSTION AND MUST ME IN 6 DAYS BEFORE AUCTION. YOU MAY ALSO REGISTOR DAY OF SALES

PARKING IS FIRST COME FIRST SERVE. GOLF COURSE, RICK'S REPAIR, RON'S, AND ALSO THE WHOLE FAIRGROUNDS for truck and trailer parking! WE ARE WORKING ON MORE PARKING. THIS IS ABOUT 60 ACRES. IF THE BEANS ARE OUT! YEE-HA! THERE IS NO CHARGE FOR PARKING AT THE FAIRGROUNDS AND WE WILL SHUTTLE BIDDERS.

BIDDERS CAN BE ON-SITE OR ON-LINE WITH WWW.PROXIBID.COM. ON-LINE BIDDING HAS STARTED BUT NOTHING IS SOLD PRIOR TO AUCTION. LOTS GO LIVE WHEN ANNOUNCED DAY OF SALE. THE AUCTION IS REAL TIME.

THERE IS NO CHARGE FOR ADMISSION AND NO CHARGE FOR A BIDDER NUMBER

Terms Of Auction for Both Days

1. NO Charge for a Bidder Number. 2. No Admission Fee to attend Auction. Everyone is Welcome!

3. Bidders MUST provide following Documentation to get a bid number: Driver's License, Passport, or other ID with Picture. If you are a Dealer- Please Bring copy of Dealer's License. Bting Sales Tax Number if you have one. BID NUMBERS ARE USED FOR BOTH DAYS. SETTLE AND PAY IN FULL AT THE END OF EACH DAY!!

4. US Funds-Cash,Personal or Business Check with proof of available funds. US Account. This may include Bank Letter, ATM slip, Funds Letter, anything that would justify that you are able to write that check. Credit Card with $10,000 LIMIT and CC Fee of 4% plus Buyer's Premium.

5.There will be an On-Site Buyer's Premium 5% on all purchases. 6.NE Sales Tax of 5.5% will apply to Parts and Misc. Items. Sales Tax on Vehicles will be paid when Transfer by Buyer in their County. $25.00 on Title Doc Fee.Please bring Sales Tax NUmber if you have one.

7. Payment in Full Day of Sale. USE SAME NUMBER FOR BOTH DAYS. NO Removal or Loading till All items have been Paid.Items must be Removed within 10 days. We have made arrangements at your choice to have vehicles removed for $50.00 and storage per day in NOrfolk, NE. New Cars sold to ON-LIne BIdders will be removed at Buyer's Expense- call if other arrangements.

8. Buyers may remove parts and leave the Body on parts cars. IN THE EVENT THAT CARS WOULD GO TO CRUSHER- NO PARTS WILL BE SOLD OFF CARS BY SAID CRUSHER. BIDDERS MUST BID AND BUY THE CAR AND TAKE THE PARTS THEY WANT. A BASE IRON BID WILL BE SET WEEK OF SALE.

9. On-Line Real Time bidding will be available through www.proxibid.com. On-line bidders must qualify and go through registration process on-line with www.proxibid.com. Money Wire Only for On-Line Bidders or Certified Funds. Immediate Payment upon receipt. On-Line Bidders have 8% Buyer's Premium.. Absentee Bidding Available with Docs and Registration.

10. All items sold AS IS and ALL SALES ARE FINAL. Ownership transfers upon declaring SOLD.

11. Buyers are responsible for all Shipping Arrangements and Costs and purchases.

12. Loading available both Days of Sale. Post Auction Buyer will need to make arrangements and call for appointment.

13. PREVIEW ONLY AVAILABLE SEPT. 27TH FROM 8:30 TO 8PM. NO EARLY PREVIEW-SORRY.

**Nearest Airports- Omaha, Sioux City, IA, and Sioux Falls, SD.

**Please check under BIdder INfo for Shippers, Hotels, etc. It's Going to be a Fun auction and we look forward to seeing you there. It's an amazing auction and will be a lot of fun.

Yvette HERE IS THE SALE ORDER FOR SATURDAY- WE ARE STILL WORKING ON SOME DETAILS ON LISTING. SOME DOORS ARE LOCKED!

WE WILL BE STARTING WITH MANUALS, SHOP BOOKS, AND OTHER ITEMS. START OF PARTS- VISORS, GRILLS, AND SOME OTHER PARTS- ON-SITE BIDDERS ONLY. Value Center Chevrolet Sign

DadsCharger00

At the auto action of the century and the top bid of the morning is 92 grand for a 1956 chevy model 150 2 door  and that is just on line bidding the actual action has not started yet

GOTWING

it would be interesting to see if there would be a web sight where every car and truck was pictured with the final sale price with it, maybe the auction co. would do this?  :shruggy:

F8-4life

Auction in progress.
They made out like bandits on some of that stuff!

DadsCharger00

Quote from: F8-4life on September 28, 2013, 03:27:30 PM
Auction in progress.
They made out like bandits on some of that stuff!

A LOT OF STUFF. Wow.

JB400

Some of those prices are right on the money for some of those things.  Other things :o  $140k for a Cameo pickup that's damaged and needs restored?  That's crazy there.

myk

Quote from: DadsCharger00 on September 28, 2013, 09:04:27 AM
At the auto action of the century and the top bid of the morning is 92 grand for a 1956 chevy model 150 2 door  and that is just on line bidding the actual action has not started yet

:shruggy:
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Cooter

People are stupid. I can't believe all 4drs on most of the chevies and people think they are gonna flip later for big money.
Flippers buying cars for ignorant money counting on a payday. The cars ain't all that. The title of the auction is typical of media. "History made now"...I got plenty 'history' behind my shop but it ain't bringin $45k for a clapped out PINK 57 chevy four door.

The wing car guys have got to be pissed when a busted 1958 chevy cameo pick up brings $145k....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Ghoste

arrow

Quote from: Cooter on September 28, 2013, 09:24:54 PM
People are stupid. I can't believe all 4drs on most of the chevies and people think they are gonna flip later for big money.
Flippers buying cars for ignorant money counting on a payday. The cars ain't all that. The title of the auction is typical of media. "History made now"...I got plenty 'history' behind my shop but it ain't bringin $45k for a clapped out PINK 57 chevy four door.

The wing car guys have got to pissed when a busted 1958 chevy cameo pick up brings $145k....

I couldnt care less!!- doubt any one else does either

Aero426

Buyers paid a high premium for the "story" of the cars.   It seemed to me like some of those interviewed on TV were not your typical car collector types. 

DadsCharger00

I'm not going to say I know everybody there but a lot of the higher priced cars did go to local buyers from what I could see

myk

Quote from: Aero426 on September 29, 2013, 12:43:21 PM
Buyers paid a high premium for the "story" of the cars.   It seemed to me like some of those interviewed on TV were not your typical car collector types. 

That just goes to show everyone, car fan and non-fan alike, that people set the values to just about everything, especially cars.  Many people see a desolate field with cars that were forgetten in time, others see some sort of treasure that prompted them to pay whatever they did.  Ah well, to each their own...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

F8-4life

I just saw a bit on abc news about this auction.
Pretty cool to see a field full of project cars on national news.

Tilar

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on September 28, 2013, 04:08:46 PM
Some of those prices are right on the money for some of those things.  Other things :o  $140k for a Cameo pickup that's damaged and needs restored?  That's crazy there.

I told the guy I work with that that Cameo would top over 100 grand. Those are like the holy grail of Chevy pickups and this is one with 1.3 miles on it. I think the online bidding was over 40k before the auction started.

I cant believe that anniversary Vette sold for 80k.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

petercharger

Saw it in tv also.....man people sure like to give away money.....should be interesting what the final total will be?   I bet the wife until the auction   always nagged him for having all those cars sitting there and not selling them :smilielol:
best way to get a hold of me is brushcollege@msn.com...thanks

ws23rt

This auction will be of little help with the question about how much something is worth.
It is however great fun and part of the collector hobby. I see some that are looking for a pay back to be disappointed.
But the fact that this auction is as big a deal as it is tells that their are many like us. Old cars are fun. They are part of our history.

Ghoste

myk

Quote from: petercharger on September 29, 2013, 07:44:24 PM
Saw it in tv also.....man people sure like to give away money.....should be interesting what the final total will be?   I bet the wife until the auction   always nagged him for having all those cars sitting there and not selling them :smilielol:

I like to wonder if they would've made as much, more, or less money selling the cars when they were still in decent, driveable shape.  Probably not, considering the amount of money people throw around THESE days...

Tilar

The figure i heard was there was over 5 million dollars change hands the first day. If you take that figure and divide it by 500, which there wasn't quite 500 cars total. That comes out to right at 10 grand per car and that doesn't count day two of the auction so that figure goes up. I'd say he got a good return on his investment.

You also have to take into account that things like that corvette pedal car went for 16k and some 45 record went for $150.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Ghoste

The memorabilia doesn't surprise me so much but some of that other stuff, just wow.

Cooter

Look for the lambreck or whatever word to be used A LOT on evilbay here in the next two years to inflate the prices on some of this junk that brought ignorant money. All cars have stories, and these were nothing special. If they were, people woulda been beating down dudes door long before he was 95 ...imo, hype drove prices up. I kept hearing "its still new"...

Um, bullsh*t......
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

bill440rt

I don't care what others are doing, it's their money to spend as they see fit. It's obviously worth it to them for some reason.
It's still fascinating to watch.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

6spd68

I wonder what a "New" 68 Charger would have rolled off his lot for?  The first 318 car to sell for 200K?
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."