News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

General lee chargers. Is there more To a 69 charger faith?

Started by petercharger, September 21, 2013, 10:19:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ws23rt

I checked his math---Not even close :smilielol:  It amounts to rambling aimlessly with numbers that mean nothing and are meant to imply he has a grasp on the reality we live in.

MaximRecoil

Quote from: Fred on September 25, 2013, 12:12:39 AM

First of all, I comprehend very well, I'm not the village idiot. Secondly, I read just fine. Thirdly, your imagined superiority doesn't give you the right to treat me as inferior.
Just to clarify matters, I never said I believe any human may know 2% of everything. I merely asked, how do you know it's not 2%.

As it happens, I'm entitled to my own thoughts and opinions as are you and if I choose to believe it's possible the a human being might know 2% of everything I'll do so especially given that I only have your word stating otherwise.  

And I'm still waiting for that proof.

The part in green contradicts the part in red. I've already provided proof, more than once. The number/location of particles in the universe example alone exceeds the knowledge of any human by drastically, mind-bogglingly, unfathomably more than 50-fold. And then there are countless other categories of knowledge that are inherently unknown to any human.

QuoteHow can you assume what you are stating to be true. And it can only be an assumption unless you have tested every single human being on this Earth to find out exactly what and how much each one knows.

No assumption is necessary, and no testing of every single human on Earth is necessary, because there are so many things which are impossible for any human to know; an almost entirely unexplored universe of things in fact.

Quote from: ws23rt on September 25, 2013, 12:20:19 AM
I checked his math---Not even close :smilielol:  It amounts to rambling aimlessly with numbers that mean nothing and are meant to imply he has a grasp on the reality we live in.

Your baseless assertion is dismissed. By the way, there is no "math" to check, unless you consider the ability to recognize which numbers are higher or lower compared to other numbers, to be "math".

Fred

Quote from: MaximRecoil on September 25, 2013, 01:07:23 AM
Quote from: Fred on September 25, 2013, 12:12:39 AM

First of all, I comprehend very well, I'm not the village idiot. Secondly, I read just fine. Thirdly, your imagined superiority doesn't give you the right to treat me as inferior.
Just to clarify matters, I never said I believe any human may know 2% of everything. I merely asked, how do you know it's not 2%.

As it happens, I'm entitled to my own thoughts and opinions as are you and if I choose to believe it's possible the a human being might know 2% of everything I'll do so especially given that I only have your word stating otherwise.  

And I'm still waiting for that proof.

The part in green contradicts the part in red. I've already provided proof, more than once. The number of particles in the universe example alone exceeds the knowledge of any human by drastically, mind-bogglingly, unfathomably more than 50-fold. And then there are countless other categories of knowledge that are inherently unknown to any human.

QuoteHow can you assume what you are stating to be true. And it can only be an assumption unless you have tested every single human being on this Earth to find out exactly what and how much each one knows.

No assumption is necessary, and no testing of every single human on Earth is necessary, because there are so many things which are impossible for any human to know; an almost entirely unexplored universe of things in fact.

Lets not quibble over colour. Red has nothing to do with green.
Lets get back you stating that I said I believe it's possible that a human may know more than 2%.   ( How do you know it's not 2%?)
I never did and you know it but you are not man enough to own up to the fact!

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

MaximRecoil

Quote from: Fred on September 25, 2013, 01:19:32 AM

Lets not quibble over colour. Red has nothing to do with green.

I don't even know what happened with the colors in that post, but I fixed it (see above), i.e., the contradiction is in your claim that you comprehend very well, and then saying you're still waiting for the proof.

QuoteLets get back you stating that I said I believe it's possible that a human may know more than 2%.

Except, I never said that. I asked:

"And you think it is possible that any human could possibly know 1/50th (2%) of everything?"  

Quote ( How do you know it's not 2%?)

Answer the question I asked before: Do you think that any human could possibly know 1/50th (2%) of everything?

QuoteI never did and you know it but you are not man enough to own up to the fact!

And I never said you did (see above), which negates the part of your text that I bolded. Consider it dismissed.

JB400

For the record, I very rarely "add on" to any of my posts unless it's to either to add additional info to my answer to correspond to a change in the previous posts, or to add one of these:

If this thread isn't locked along with a handful of others in about 6 hours, I'll make sure that they will be.  These hijacked threads are a problem and need to be stopped immediately as well as the person(s) doing so.  I will admit that I've contributed to some, and have took responsibility for doing so.  It's time for others to do the same.

Fred

MaximRecoil

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on September 25, 2013, 01:50:33 AM
For the record, I very rarely "add on" to any of my posts unless it's to either to add additional info to my answer to correspond to a change in the previous posts, or to add one of these:

For the record, I'm not the one that cares either way about it (as I said, that's what the edit button is for). Your buddy "ws23rt" seems to care though.

QuoteIf this thread isn't locked along with a handful of others in about 6 hours, I'll make sure that they will be.  These hijacked threads are a problem and need to be stopped immediately as well as the person(s) doing so.  I will admit that I've contributed to some, and have took responsibility for doing so.  It's time for others to do the same.

Comical irony. If you really believed that "these hijacked threads are a problem", then you wouldn't contribute to the "hijacking". Your continual contributions to the "hijacking" (one example is this very post of yours that I'm replying to now) aren't magically negated simply because you admitted to them / "took responsibility" for them. In other words, you're one to talk.

Now let's play a game called "Spot the initial hijack":

Ah, we'll find it in Reply #4, you know, where you attempted to play moderator (like what you're attempting in this post, as coincidence would have it).

Fred

MaximRecoil

Quote from: Fred on September 25, 2013, 01:54:56 AM
Quote from: MaximRecoil on September 24, 2013, 11:36:35 PM

And you think it is possible that any human could possibly know 1/50th (2%) of everything? As I said before: utterly absurd.

Here it is again
I didn't say I think it is possible.   I said ..........How do you know it's not 2%?
But you accuse me of saying just that.

Are you being serious? You just posted the same thing I posted in my previous post, yet came to your same wrong conclusion as before.

Once again, as I pointed out before, and as you also just pointed out here again, I asked:

"And you think it is possible that any human could possibly know 1/50th (2%) of everything?"

Asking someone if they think such and such is possible does not equal claiming that they said such and such was possible. Is that clear?

So with regard to the following:

QuoteBut you accuse me of saying just that.

You're wrong, and ironically, you quoted the very text of mine in your post which proves you wrong.

And you still haven't answered the question, so here it is again:

Do you think that any human could possibly know 1/50th (2%) of everything?

JB400

If you wish to discuss my reply, that's fine with me.  My first paragraph was right on track with the discussion.  My 2nd part was addressed directly at you in response to your reply.  Instead of sticking with the context, you took apart the op and wanted to make multiple discussions out of it.  My response was just giving a little bit of advice to you and wasn't meant to be part of the discussion nor was it part of the discussion until you posted.  No one else posted afterwards about my comment either.  Obviously, they were more aware of it being advice than you were.

All of my posts in this thread have either been part of the discussion, a joke, advice, or a response to being called out.

Your claim of me "playing mod" is correct.  This is a self policing site.  Everyone "babysits" each other.  If there is something on this site that I don't like, I have the right to tell the person that posted it my opinion on the matter whether on a message board or by pm.  If they failed to comprehend my view, I can either forget it, or send it to an official mod, who will then make a decision.  Afterwards, I have to accept whatever happens or leave.  Everyone else here has that same right.

Yes, I have openly hijacked a thread and have admitted ( and apologized) to it in one shape or form.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Congrats fella(S)...yes plural because theres more than one....another derailment

Seriously, take it to the PM's :slap:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T