News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A couple questions about repro glass

Started by bull, September 28, 2013, 02:14:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chargen69

i dont  think the area that is tinted, behind the sun visor, counts as the driver's viewing area

Ghoste

But if the windshield can be tinted AND shaded, does that not mean that something other than that area behind the visor is darkened?

bull

Me too, but I can tell you based on another thread I started, it's not easy to tell the difference between clear glass and tinted glass. The factory tint was very light.

maxwellwedge

Quote from: bull on December 08, 2013, 01:04:10 AM
I've found a local business that polishes glass and they quoted me as little as $150 to make all six side pieces look new but at that price some of the deeper scratches would not be removed. To have them all polished to look brand new with every scratch removed is more time-consuming and could cost as much as $500, which is still $200 less than a pair of new side door windows and two pieces of quarter glass. There aren't many scratches in my glass but they'll probably stand out if I go with the cheaper process. At any rate I'll be getting them polished instead of buying new.

Be carefull with  total glass polishing. I did it once and the glass did turn out smooth......but it looked very, very wavy