News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

General Lee Style Wheels

Started by JMF, October 08, 2013, 11:51:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMF

I am going to be selling these wheels soon I think, can anyone identify what make they are ? Are they the same as the General ?

I only really want to know for the purpose of the advert and advertising them correct etc

Numbers on the back read

15 x 7

1057L5

MaximRecoil

Quote from: JMF on October 08, 2013, 11:51:11 AM
Are they the same as the General ?

No, there are a few differences between your wheels and the Vector wheels used on the General Lee. The main difference is that your wheels have 13 fins/spokes while the General Lee wheels have 10.

Here is a picture of General Lee wheels:

One of them was made by American Racing, the other was made by Shelby. They are practically identical and both brands were used on the TV show.

bull

They're not the same as what was used on the show and movies but they are a common substitute. The "correct" wheels are a ten spoke wheel and the spokes don't have that sharp angle where they curve outward.

JB400

JMF, your wheels are commonly called Turbine wheels.  Not for sure who makes them, but they're popular with the 4x4 and the van crowds.

CDN72SE

I used to have a set of Turbine wheels made by Western (back in late 80's) that looked similar.
1972 Charger SE

Dino

Those are the best non-vector turbine wheels I've seen so far.  Very nice.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Bobs69

I have those too.  If you sell them, let me know what you asked for them.  I'll want to get rid of mine sometime too.  Maybe next season.

kab69440

I can't see the OP's pics, but if those 13 vane wheels are Appliance Turbo-Vecs, I will pay hansomely for the Roto-Lug mounting adapters for RH Mopar 1/2" studs. The new style replacements are utter crap.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

johnnycharger

Hi Jmf,
How much are you asking? Where are you located?

JMF

I'm in London, England so not sure any of you guys would be prepared to pay to ship them back to the US