News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

wood grain trim removal on passenger side dash

Started by jdscofield, October 17, 2013, 04:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdscofield

does anybody know how to remove the plastic wood grain trim on the passenger side of the dash without breaking it?  I removed the glovebox but didn't feel any clips.  Is it just glued on?
MOPAR or no car

Dino

Quote from: jdscofield on October 17, 2013, 04:18:34 PM
does anybody know how to remove the plastic wood grain trim on the passenger side of the dash without breaking it?  I removed the glovebox but didn't feel any clips.  Is it just glued on?

The wood grain is attached by little bent clips but the back of the substrate should be the same as any other dash bezel so there should be speed nuts on the back.  If you can't feel any then they may have been broken (as often happens) and the whole thing glued on.

If I'm wrong I expect to be corrected by the experts!
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Brock Lee

You have to remove the whole bezel, which is held on by speed nuts. The woodgrain piece is attached to that plastic with the bent metal tabs you need to pry up.