News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'71 R/T & '71 Super Bee stripe kits

Started by highstyle2, October 13, 2013, 01:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

highstyle2

My '73 SE is going in for paint this winter & I'm planing the stripe kit. Have a '73 bulge hood & I'm using the Rallye hood stencil to paint the bulge. Now, I'd like to use the '71 R/T or '71 Super Bee cowl & side stripe. What I've heard is that they will not fit a '73. If this is truly the case, why is that, I was under the impression that all '71 - '74 chargers had the same body lines. If I can't use the stripe kit I'd prefer to have them painted on anyways, with that being said, I'm going to need a reference for the dimensions/specs on the cowl & side stripes, along with the paint code for the matte/satin black. Any help/input would be appreciated.

AKcharger

They'll fit. bodys are different but not where the stripes are concerned

ODZKing

Only difference in 71 and 73 hood are the vents.
73 fewer and 74 none at all.
So if there are cut outs as shown below, they may not work but you would have to call and see.

chargd72

The door lines are slightly different on 71/72 to 73/74.  But I cannot confirm that the stripe kit will work correctly or not.  

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

RallyeMike

There are going to be a few problems putting those on the 73. As shown in the previous photos, the hood vents locations on the 73 hood wont line up with where the stripe breaks for the vents. The difference on the side of the car is that the 71-72 upper body line across the door is discontinuous, while on the 73-74 it is a continuous line. Also, if you compared the 71-72 and 73-74 side by side, you'd see that the top of the back of the door where it meets the quarter panel is about 1" higher on the 71-72. This is why you can't swap 71-72 and 73-74 quarters, doors, or upper interior panels between the models.

I'm guessing that there is enough flexibility in the stripe kit vinyl to overcome this, but I have not tried it. You might be better off since you are painting the bulge to paint the stripes too  :scratchchin: 
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Mopar Nut

Quote from: RallyeMike on October 15, 2013, 11:20:49 PM
You might be better off since you are painting the bulge to paint the stripes too  :scratchchin: 
:iagree:
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

highstyle2

Great info Mike, appreciate it. Been leaning towards painting them on all along, bit more work laying it all out, confident it will come out sharp. Hey Bob, sent those badges down to Custom Chrome, they told me bout three weeks, I'll send ya pics when they come back.