News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Pcv to air filter base.

Started by 1974dodgecharger, November 15, 2013, 11:57:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1974dodgecharger

Is it ok to connect the pcv to air filter base plate? I don't have any ports on my 750 dp for connection.

I noticed my car does not stink as bad when I do this.

cdr

it needs to be hooked up to manifold vac,then off the other side can go to the air filter housing.you may have to drill & tap the intake for a fitting.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

1974dodgecharger

Cdr,
Alright man, just don't want to take apart the intake a lot of work for me, for now that is.  Just want to enjoy her for the winter till I kinda out her away for summer next year.

firefighter3931

If your carb doesn't have a PCV nipple and you don't want to drill out the intake manifold ; the easiest way to do this installation is to get yourself a carb spacer and drill/tap then install a vacuum nipple. A 3/4in open plenum aluminum spacer will do the trick.  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: firefighter3931 on November 21, 2013, 10:18:22 AM
If your carb doesn't have a PCV nipple and you don't want to drill out the intake manifold ; the easiest way to do this installation is to get yourself a carb spacer and drill/tap then install a vacuum nipple. A 3/4in open plenum aluminum spacer will do the trick.  :yesnod:

Ron

Now that something i can do in 30mins instead of taking the whole manifold out etc...thx firefighter.

firefighter3931

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on November 21, 2013, 10:55:38 AM

Now that something i can do in 30mins instead of taking the whole manifold out etc...thx firefighter.

Exactly....quick and easy and should cost less than $30  :icon_smile_big:

You're welcome  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

cdr

RON is correct,but check your hood clearance 1st,thats why i said to drill the intake,most of us have hood to air filter problems. :Twocents:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr