News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Red Daytona on ebay

Started by Y1CHARGER, October 22, 2013, 03:00:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Y1CHARGER

I've been looking for a 70 Hemi Charger for a while but been thinking of maybe going after a wing car instead.  Does this car belong to a member on here?  Says it was hit in the door, anybody know the extent of the damage? Thanks

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Charger-DAYTONA-NASCAR-1969-dodge-charger-daytona-real-wingcar-rare-1-of-503-auto-red-blk-440-/141095988950?forcerrptr=true&hash=item20d9f9eed6&item=141095988950&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

A383Wing

yea..isn't that Travis's car? He's a member here.....

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69_500

Travis would ya let someone trade up?

69charger2002

:wave:
Yep it is my car. I am only selling it because the wife is on me to build a house on our beach property in Gulfport MS. I was about to start on it when i came across the Daytona this summer and used my funds for it. After spending a week there last week for Cruising the Coast(in my travel trailer), we decided we are ready for a house. There is no better car that I've ever owned, it was a dream come true to even have a chance at one of these cars. But the timing just isn't right to keep it. As far as the OP asking about the door damage.. It was t boned pretty good in 1970, and had a parts car section welded in during the 98-00 restoration. It was done amazingly, and I have an album full of pics showing the work done. It drives straight and true, and even up on a rack you would never know it was wrecked. I put the reserve VERY low I am almost positive it will sell if there is a serious buyer wanting a Daytona at a more fair price than recent market value.
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

hemi68charger

Looks like you'll be getting calls and contacts from all those that contacted me... sounds like they may have better luck with you. :2thumbs:
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

Speedfreak

This is the same car!  I remember it selling for 85K earlier this year.  I had a feeling there would be issues with the frame from the hit it took way back when and the way they repaired it.  They never made that info available to the public and passed it off that way.  Guess the buyer found out the hard way and is now trying to do the same.  Looks like we will keep seeing this on and off ebay, being passed on from each buyer when they find out there are issues.  Real shame, maybe one of them will get it repaired right this time.  Looks like the seller is making out so far, this is why I will never buy a car on ebay.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,102202.msg1207025.html#msg1207025

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Y1CHARGER

Well I'm sure glad to get some feedback on this.  Thank You.  After seeing the pictures and info from the previous thread and superbird club news letter, I'm a bit surprised that the ad on ebay reads as it does.
I Quote "but i can tell you it is now a 2 owner car, and has 1 accident. This happened in 1970 when the car was 8 months old. It was hit in the passenger door. It was repaired decently in 1970" 
  In my opinion this is a bit misleading when a direct quote from the original owner from the above superbird newsletter reads "Hit on the right side, driven across the road and T-boned in the left side into another car, totaled."   Also if repaired decently means I quote "25 coat hangers and 5 gallons of bondo" then I'd hate to see a hack job.
  It's too bad that there is so much dishonesty on ebay but it's even more disappointing to find out that the seller is a member on here.......

charger Downunder

I like the car if its fixed properly right now who cares. 69charger2002  maybe put a few resto pics up in the add of the car being fixed properly in 1997.
[/quote]

BS27R1B

I have talked to Travis about this Daytona and he was upfront about the accident and repairs. He did not attempt to hide anything or cover it up as a previous poster has suggested.

I have been looking at purchasing a Daytona and have considered almost a dozen in the past two months. Like many old muscle cars most of the cars have some form of past abuse, neglect and damage. As the original owner of this Daytona eluded to, this car was rode hard and put up wet, as it was originally intended.

It really makes me smile to hear so called enthusiasts these days insist they want an original, pristine, numbers matching muscle car. These guys obviously never spent any time on the street back in the day. These cars were built to be used and abused and most were. We never had thoughts that these cars would be 'collected' 40 years down the road.

I live in the rust belt and most of these cars were little more than a pile a few years after they were new.
' objects in the rear view mirror may appear closer than they are'

hemi68charger

Quote from: BS27R1B on October 23, 2013, 08:13:19 AM
As the original owner of this Daytona eluded to, this car was rode hard and put up wet, as it was originally intended.

:iagree:

That's what happened to my Daytona, there were occassions when the original owner used the car for what it was intended for, haul-ass!!! 

But unfortunately, sometimes those motors go Kabooom !!!  C'est la vie..............

Trav is a straight up sort of guy.............
Troy

held1823

Quote from: Y1CHARGER on October 23, 2013, 04:46:24 AM
  Well I'm sure glad to get some feedback on this.  Thank You.  After seeing the pictures and info from the previous thread and superbird club news letter, I'm a bit surprised that the ad on ebay reads as it does.
I Quote "but i can tell you it is now a 2 owner car, and has 1 accident. This happened in 1970 when the car was 8 months old. It was hit in the passenger door. It was repaired decently in 1970" 
  In my opinion this is a bit misleading when a direct quote from the original owner from the above superbird newsletter reads "Hit on the right side, driven across the road and T-boned in the left side into another car, totaled."   Also if repaired decently means I quote "25 coat hangers and 5 gallons of bondo" then I'd hate to see a hack job.
  It's too bad that there is so much dishonesty on ebay but it's even more disappointing to find out that the seller is a member on here.......

did you read the newsletter article in its entirety? you mention the original backyard repair in the '70s, but not the correct one done when the car was restored. the newsletter says t-boned on the left side, but that is likely a misprint, compared to the photos showing the right side structure being replaced.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

Charger-Bodie

If the repairs were do.e correctly it shouldnt even matter. If detroit can build em a good bodyman should be able to rebuild it. Imo.  :Twocents:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Y1CHARGER

Quote from: held1823 on October 23, 2013, 08:37:25 AM
Quote from: Y1CHARGER on October 23, 2013, 04:46:24 AM
 Well I'm sure glad to get some feedback on this.  Thank You.  After seeing the pictures and info from the previous thread and superbird club news letter, I'm a bit surprised that the ad on ebay reads as it does.
 In my opinion this is a bit misleading when a direct quote from the original owner from the above superbird newsletter reads "Hit on the right side, driven across the road and T-boned in the left side into another car, totaled."   Also if repaired decently means I quote "25 coat hangers and 5 gallons of bondo" then I'd hate to see a hack job.

did you read the newsletter article in its entirety? you mention the original backyard repair in the '70s, but not the correct one done when the car was restored. the newsletter says t-boned on the left side, but that is likely a misprint, compared to the photos showing the right side structure being replaced.
Yes, I did Read it , Did You?  Here's the direct quote from it, the above superbird newsletter reads "Hit on the right side, driven across the road and T-boned in the left side into another car, totaled."  
The picture of right side described as "Wow! It's hit pretty hard on the other side too"

histoy

I agree with Brian.  He did an amazing job when he built the one he sold to us.

held1823

as i said, it's likely a misprint. i see a photo of the car t-boned on the right side, and a driver's side headrest and door panel in their proper location. i also see a relatively intact rocker panel, which might indicate the floor structure was not heavily damaged. that rocker and the side structure were properly replaced during the restoration.

what do you see?
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

Y1CHARGER

The seller of the car says he has many pictures of it, maybe he could post a picture of what the driver side looked like after the "hit in the door" on the passenger side and clear up the mystery.  
My thoughts at this point are that everything being talked about here should be in the ebay ad with pictures if the seller wanted to disclose what the cars been through, not just answer if asked mentality.  I wish him well, I don't consider that a straight up sort of guy. :Twocents:

69charger2002

Quote from: Speedfreak on October 22, 2013, 11:20:39 PM
This is the same car!  I remember it selling for 85K earlier this year.  I had a feeling there would be issues with the frame from the hit it took way back when and the way they repaired it.  They never made that info available to the public and passed it off that way.  Guess the buyer found out the hard way and is now trying to do the same.  Looks like we will keep seeing this on and off ebay, being passed on from each buyer when they find out there are issues.  Real shame, maybe one of them will get it repaired right this time.  Looks like the seller is making out so far, this is why I will never buy a car on ebay.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,102202.msg1207025.html#msg1207025

I think you have you're facts incorrect. The buyer(me) was the only buyer this car has ever had besides when it was new. I was aware of the 1970 incident thanks to Nascarxx29 and also looked the car over for 2 hours with another person before i purchased it. I am not selling the car because of this at all. I think some people do not understand what happened to this car. Just to clear up. The owner got t boned in 1970 in the passenger side, it hit hard as you can see in the photo. That photo listed is one of many from the photo album i have of the car. It was repaired shoddily(by todays standards) in 1970 and driven 134000 miles that way until it was taken down in 1998 for an overhaul. At that time the car had a section put in from another charger on that side so it could be repaired correctly. And now it IS REPAIRED CORRECTLY as they did an amazing job. Some of you act like the car was thrown together with bondo last week and not driven down the road since. Have you seen how many Daytonas and Superbirds sat for 40 years in fields and barns and have just recently been fixed and repaired. THOSE cars would scare me more to drive than this one. It had over 130,000 miles put on it AFTER the accident, which occurred when the car only had 8000 miles on it. You can't appease everyone on a forum typing behind their computers, I have been a member here a long time and lots of members here know the kind of STRAIGHT UP guy I am. Y1Charger if you're not interested in this car because of the history, then please don't bid. There are lots of high end cars like Daytonas that are rebodies, wrecks that were repaired, burned in a fire almost beyond recognition and fixed, and even some rustbuckets that had 95-99% of the sheet metal replaced on the car and now are only still a Daytona or Superbird in theory because of their VIN number still being on the dashboard. This car has had a door put on, and a section of original 69 quarter panel/rocker put on to this car in 1998 to repair it correctly. Also here is the pic you requested.

April 1970 driver's side

Also here are 2 pics of the car 90000 miles later in 1978 after the "bondo/coat hanger repair" done in 1970.. Doesn't look too bad to me even then. 20 years later it was completely fixed correctly. What if this owner had not been a pilot and not documented it? No one would know or care 43 years later. Nothing to hide here boys and girls.

BS27R1B

"Hit on the right side, driven across the road and T-boned in the left side into another car, totaled."  

The original owner did not seem to say passenger or driver's side, so the left or right is up to his description and our interpretation. The passenger side is heavily damaged and where it is hit could be described as a T-bone hit.

We do not have any driver side photos to observe that damage. You could suspect it was significant as the impact was described as driving the Daytona across the road. The owner did repair the damage himself and drove the car for many years and miles. A 'proper' repair was done in the 90s. Like most work completed in the 90s on these cars it might be hard to apply today's standards as the bar has been raised many notches.

Every buyer has their own checklist on what they will or will not accept with one of these cars. Very few have no 'hair' of some sort from the past. I am sure the final price will reflect the appropriate discount applied by potential buyers.

held1823

the photos would indicate the original owner was describing the car as seen when standing in front of it. the "right side" would be the driver's,and  "left" the passenger side.

a commonplace mix-up, even today.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

69charger2002

Another pic circa 1984. Still going strong with it's original repair job 14 years earlier, over 100,000 miles later. I, for one, was glad all this was documented. Before carfax and autocheck NO ONE kept records of things such as this. This guy had no plans to ever sell the car, and he never gave a flip about the car's value. It was his baby.

charger_fan_4ever

I wouldn't be afraid of this car one bit.

Just the nature of people looking for more for less. Looking for a 100 point car for the price of a clone.

Speedfreak

Quote from: charger Downunder on October 23, 2013, 05:39:42 AM
I like the car if its fixed properly right now who cares. 69charger2002  maybe put a few resto pics up in the add of the car being fixed properly in 1997.

I feel this is the perfect solution, put up pictures of the car after being hit and the subsequent repairs showing "how well" it has been repaired according to you.  Let the buyer know exactly what he is getting.  From being on this forum for a short while, this is what the members have always urged sellers that were less than honest of their cars on eBay.  Once the buyer knows exactly what is what, they let then bid what they feel is appropriate, then you will have done what is expected of an honest person, as it stands now the listing is deceptive. 

A383Wing

Quote from: 69charger2002 on October 23, 2013, 10:27:32 AM

Y1Charger if you're not interested in this car because of the history, then please don't bid.

I agree..sounds like all he wants to do is argue about which side was wrecked and repaired.

Feel free to look somewhere else for a car...I think Troy has one for sale....although with your attitude, I would not personally sell you a car of anykind

Y1CHARGER

Quote from: A383Wing on October 23, 2013, 12:33:55 PM
Quote from: 69charger2002 on October 23, 2013, 10:27:32 AM

Y1Charger if you're not interested in this car because of the history, then please don't bid.

I agree..sounds like all he wants to do is argue about which side was wrecked and repaired.

Feel free to look somewhere else for a car...I think Troy has one for sale....although with your attitude, I would not personally sell you a car of anykind

I'm not here for an argument nor do I have an attitude, I was simply interested in finding out more about a car for sale.  I don't think anybody would like to buy a car to later find out that it was totaled or that they were mislead in some way.  BUT, I've learned that a "Straight up guy" is one that describes a car as hit in the door REALLY means hit in the Door, AND hit in the pass side rocker, hit in pass side quarter panel, hit in pass side fender, roof pillar moved upward on pass side, and smashed on the driver side rear quarter as well.  If he wants to be more straight up then he could post this link in his ebay auction or at least change the wording to more than "hit in the door".

arrow

BFD

1966hemi

Y1CHARGER

Quote from: arrow on October 24, 2013, 08:18:29 PM
BFD
I'm guessing that when you bought your car the ad read "1970 Coronet, 1 accident, hit in driver side door" and you were OK with that description.  Is that what you're going to tell the guy that will buy your car when you sell it???

69charger2002

Dude you are ridiculous. When was the last time you watched Barrett Jackson, Mecum, Russo Steele, etc? Have you EVER heard them mention anything negative about a vehicle for sale running across the block? Much less it's prior history or if it was brought back from the dead, wrecked, flooded, etc? NEVER. There are 3 daytonas currently on ebay, you know all about mine. What do you truly know about the other 2 and what happened to them over the last 44 years?? You act like i should have made an accident that occurred 43 years ago my primary basis in the auction. Just put 24 pictures of it torn down in 1998, or wrecked pictures from 1970.. and write nothing positive about the car, just call it junk so you would be happy and be able to bid if it stayed under $1000?  I wrote multiple lines in my ad describing the car's past, and judging by all the emails and calls I've received on the car, it's not that big of a deal. Just because you are now not interested in it you feel you have a personal vendetta to make sure no one else should want it too? Get over yourself already brother.

moparstuart

Quote from: 69charger2002 on October 25, 2013, 07:59:49 AM
Dude you are ridiculous. When was the last time you watched Barrett Jackson, Mecum, Russo Steele, etc? Have you EVER heard them mention anything negative about a vehicle for sale running across the block? Much less it's prior history or if it was brought back from the dead, wrecked, flooded, etc? NEVER. There are 3 daytonas currently on ebay, you know all about mine. What do you truly know about the other 2 and what happened to them over the last 44 years?? You act like i should have made an accident that occurred 43 years ago my primary basis in the auction. Just put 24 pictures of it torn down in 1998, or wrecked pictures from 1970.. and write nothing positive about the car, just call it junk so you would be happy and be able to bid if it stayed under $1000?  I wrote multiple lines in my ad describing the car's past, and judging by all the emails and calls I've received on the car, it's not that big of a deal. Just because you are now not interested in it you feel you have a personal vendetta to make sure no one else should want it too? Get over yourself already brother.
well said   :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Y1CHARGER

Just for the record I lost All interest for your car when I saw what "hit in the door" really meant.  I want to thank everyone for their honesty that brought to my attention the real history of the car because it didn't come from you.  I really don't care anymore and the people that think you are right on with your description good for them, and they could buy your beautiful 2 owner one accident Daytona.  For the people who would like to be a little more informed in the cars they buy, they can walk away and be happy they didn't spend a ton of money buying the car. Good luck with the sale.

pettybird

Anyone else still amazed this car was fixed back then?  I think I would have found another gently used Daytona or a new Superbird if I'd only had the car eight months. 

I mean, if that was my car and it happened today of course it would get fixed.  But if I bought a new SRT8 or GT500 or ZL1 and it got hit that hard?  New one, please.

That's some dedication to say the least.

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on October 25, 2013, 11:01:12 AM
Anyone else still amazed this car was fixed back then?  I think I would have found another gently used Daytona or a new Superbird if I'd only had the car eight months. 

I mean, if that was my car and it happened today of course it would get fixed.  But if I bought a new SRT8 or GT500 or ZL1 and it got hit that hard?  New one, please.

:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:  yup and then own the car this long too 

held1823

not so quick there, young douglas. the times were a-changin' back then.

muscle cars were already on the insurance hit list, and it's possible the guy had minimal coverage to even afford to drive it. had he turned in a claim for a totalled car, he could possibly have found himself uninsurable afterwards. a situation quite similar to the car sitting here, as it were.

it may have been a choice between fixing the car, or walking until the bank note was paid off.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

arrow

Quote from: Y1CHARGER on October 25, 2013, 05:53:20 AM
Quote from: arrow on October 24, 2013, 08:18:29 PM
BFD
I'm guessing that when you bought your car the ad read "1970 Coronet, 1 accident, hit in driver side door" and you were OK with that description.  Is that what you're going to tell the guy that will buy your car when you sell it???

oops - never mind

BS27R1B

Quote from: held1823 on October 25, 2013, 11:18:59 AM
not so quick there, young douglas. the times were a-changin' back then.

muscle cars were already on the insurance hit list, and it's possible the guy had minimal coverage to even afford to drive it. had he turned in a claim for a totalled car, he could possibly have found himself uninsurable afterwards. a situation quite similar to the car sitting here, as it were.

it may have been a choice between fixing the car, or walking until the bank note was paid off.

The first owner was a pilot so I doubt money was too much of an issue for him at the time.

What were the declarations on this POS last January that sold for over $1,000,000???

hemi68charger

Quote from: pettybird on October 25, 2013, 11:01:12 AM

Unfortunately, Daytona were a limited production car, not a mass produced Chevy or SRT-8..... when the Daytona run was done, it was done...
Troy

John L

Travis,
  Your spot on, don't feed the troll anymore. Most of us here know your reputation for honesty. I felt you did a good job with your description of the cars current and past history. Let this guy see how much other sellers are willing to disclose about their cars. 

62 Max

You can fix anything !

arrow

Added rust free 4 dr. platform

arrow

Quote from: arrow on October 25, 2013, 07:46:03 PM

Added rust free 4 dr. platform

ended up with this

pettybird

Quote from: hemi68charger on October 25, 2013, 03:14:43 PM

Unfortunately, Daytona were a limited production car,

He was also in the heart of NASCAR country and I'm sure he could have found another.  Just look at all of the ads Dave B's regurgitated...they were out there on the secondary market in decent numbers.  500 isn't a lot, but it's not NOTHING either.

I'm not so sure about the insurance angle, either.  If he had it covered, he bought it back and fixed it.  If it wasn't insured and he paid out of pocket, rates obviously wouldn't go up either.  I'm not doubting this guy's dedication--that's a hell of a quick bond. 

I do know about the insurance thing because I have an article about it that I inherited because I inherited everything.

BS27R1B

Another one that has been resurrected (restored). ::)

Not saying I agree with it or the purple turd.

hemi68charger

Quote from: pettybird on October 25, 2013, 08:54:32 PM
Quote from: hemi68charger on October 25, 2013, 03:14:43 PM

Unfortunately, Daytona were a limited production car,

He was also in the heart of NASCAR country and I'm sure he could have found another.  Just look at all of the ads Dave B's regurgitated...they were out there on the secondary market in decent numbers.  500 isn't a lot, but it's not NOTHING either.

I'm not so sure about the insurance angle, either.  If he had it covered, he bought it back and fixed it.  If it wasn't insured and he paid out of pocket, rates obviously wouldn't go up either.  I'm not doubting this guy's dedication--that's a hell of a quick bond. 

I do know about the insurance thing because I have an article about it that I inherited because I inherited everything.

Alright smarting pants... You know what I'm talking about. By the time the accident happened, there probably wasn't anything around locally for the dude and then you had to thrown in insurance policy, etc.... Plus, the owner may have wanted to fix his car that he bought..... My point is it is a WHOLE lot easier to find a replacement in this day-in-age than it was back then to just go out and find another new/failrly-new Daytona to replace it with.....  And, it IS a whole lot easier to inherit everything... Sort of the Ann Richards' "Silver spoon" phenomenon.
Troy

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: BS27R1B on October 25, 2013, 10:44:58 PM

What is the hulk in the pic ?

held1823

i'm going with 1970 hemi gtx, but i cheated
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

held1823

this certainly makes one question the true motive of the individual, although the responses there are pretty much the same as here.

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=7899535&an=0&page=0&gonew=1#UNREAD
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: held1823 on October 26, 2013, 07:57:11 PM
this certainly makes one question the true motive of the individual, although the responses there are pretty much the same as here.

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=7899535&an=0&page=0&gonew=1#UNREAD

For sure he is some dreamer living large behind the keyboard with nothing better to do.

pettybird

this certainly makes one question the true motive of the individual

Somewhere between here:

and here:

maxwellwedge

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on October 26, 2013, 06:28:16 PM
Quote from: BS27R1B on October 25, 2013, 10:44:58 PM

What is the hulk in the pic ?

Hemi Cuda Convert. Sold at B-J Scottsdale last year for around 1.5 mill

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on October 26, 2013, 11:00:58 PM
this certainly makes one question the true motive of the individual

Somewhere between here:

and here:

:smilielol:

hemi68charger

Quote from: Y1CHARGER on October 23, 2013, 02:24:33 PM
I'm not here for an argument nor do I have an attitude, I was simply interested in finding out more about a car for sale.  I don't think anybody would like to buy a car to later find out that it was totaled or that they were mislead in some way.  BUT, I've learned that a "Straight up guy" is one that describes a car as hit in the door REALLY means hit in the Door, AND hit in the pass side rocker, hit in pass side quarter panel, hit in pass side fender, roof pillar moved upward on pass side, and smashed on the driver side rear quarter as well.  If he wants to be more straight up then he could post this link in his ebay auction or at least change the wording to more than "hit in the door".

All, it needs to be understood as well, and this may or may not be the case on this situation, the owner of a particular Aero car doesn't know the complete history of the car. I bet, well, I know, there are people on this board that know more on the history of various cars then the  current owner. Not everyone messes with discussion boards. People who live on this board have a passion for these special interest cars, hence have been studying and keeping track of them........ Sometimes there will be situations where a current owner doesn't have a clue about the history of a car. They were only given the history from the person they bought it from.......
Troy

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

hemi68charger

Troy

F6Bee

Quote from: hemi68charger on October 29, 2013, 10:42:47 AM
Quote from: nascarxx29 on October 29, 2013, 09:48:18 AM
It sold

Hopefully this means someone's dream came true.......  :2thumbs:

And hopefully also knows it once was a patch quilt. :Twocents:

ws23rt

It sold

Who ever bought it made a choice. If they had questions and did not ask them that is part of the choice.
Buyer beware is not a new term.

On the other hand these cars have a long history and much of the past has little to do with what they turn out to be. Knowing the story is just interesting.

IMHO a field rusted hulk is less of a car than a bent car.  A restored car is usually better than a survivor. :Twocents:

A383Wing

69charger2002

Just an FYI, I wanted to be the first to post before 100 mongloids give their "opinion" of why I relisted the car and the peanut gallery comments that will ensue and make the truth known as quickly as possible. I never heard a word from the high bidder, nor did I receive a deposit. Ebay can be so frustrating sometimes with no bidder accountability. Anyway, I think the car was priced very fair, hopefully someone gets a great car this go around. If not I will be perfectly fine keeping it. If anyone wishes to see the car in person and check it out, for themselves or someone they know, I am perfectly fine with that. In fact, I encourage it. Giving it one more shot before tucking it away in my shop for a while and forgetting about it.  :2thumbs:

charger Downunder

If only i had some spare dollars. :2thumbs:
[/quote]

maxwellwedge

Quote from: ws23rt on October 29, 2013, 06:48:27 PM
It sold

A restored car is usually better than a survivor. :Twocents:

I will always take a true survivor over any restored car when possible....but that's me... :lol:

pettybird

Quote from: maxwellwedge on November 05, 2013, 09:21:58 AM
Quote from: ws23rt on October 29, 2013, 06:48:27 PM
It sold

A restored car is usually better than a survivor. :Twocents:

I will always take a true survivor over any restored car when possible....but that's me... :lol:

That's not a BIASED opinion, is it?   :think:

maxwellwedge

A Biased opinion is usually better than an original one.... :icon_smile_cool:

Stevearino

Quote from: 69charger2002 on November 04, 2013, 09:51:24 PM
Just an FYI, I wanted to be the first to post before 100 mongloids give their "opinion" of why I relisted the car and the peanut gallery comments that will ensue
What's that they say about empty cans making the most noise? :smilielol:

talkiemopar

Why don't you give the next bidder of $95.000 a shot at it. :shruggy: :Twocents:

BS27R1B

Looks like a new slate of bidders based on feedback.