News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Red Daytona on ebay

Started by Y1CHARGER, October 22, 2013, 03:00:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Y1CHARGER

Quote from: A383Wing on October 23, 2013, 12:33:55 PM
Quote from: 69charger2002 on October 23, 2013, 10:27:32 AM

Y1Charger if you're not interested in this car because of the history, then please don't bid.

I agree..sounds like all he wants to do is argue about which side was wrecked and repaired.

Feel free to look somewhere else for a car...I think Troy has one for sale....although with your attitude, I would not personally sell you a car of anykind

I'm not here for an argument nor do I have an attitude, I was simply interested in finding out more about a car for sale.  I don't think anybody would like to buy a car to later find out that it was totaled or that they were mislead in some way.  BUT, I've learned that a "Straight up guy" is one that describes a car as hit in the door REALLY means hit in the Door, AND hit in the pass side rocker, hit in pass side quarter panel, hit in pass side fender, roof pillar moved upward on pass side, and smashed on the driver side rear quarter as well.  If he wants to be more straight up then he could post this link in his ebay auction or at least change the wording to more than "hit in the door".

arrow

BFD

1966hemi

Y1CHARGER

Quote from: arrow on October 24, 2013, 08:18:29 PM
BFD
I'm guessing that when you bought your car the ad read "1970 Coronet, 1 accident, hit in driver side door" and you were OK with that description.  Is that what you're going to tell the guy that will buy your car when you sell it???

69charger2002

Dude you are ridiculous. When was the last time you watched Barrett Jackson, Mecum, Russo Steele, etc? Have you EVER heard them mention anything negative about a vehicle for sale running across the block? Much less it's prior history or if it was brought back from the dead, wrecked, flooded, etc? NEVER. There are 3 daytonas currently on ebay, you know all about mine. What do you truly know about the other 2 and what happened to them over the last 44 years?? You act like i should have made an accident that occurred 43 years ago my primary basis in the auction. Just put 24 pictures of it torn down in 1998, or wrecked pictures from 1970.. and write nothing positive about the car, just call it junk so you would be happy and be able to bid if it stayed under $1000?  I wrote multiple lines in my ad describing the car's past, and judging by all the emails and calls I've received on the car, it's not that big of a deal. Just because you are now not interested in it you feel you have a personal vendetta to make sure no one else should want it too? Get over yourself already brother.
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

moparstuart

Quote from: 69charger2002 on October 25, 2013, 07:59:49 AM
Dude you are ridiculous. When was the last time you watched Barrett Jackson, Mecum, Russo Steele, etc? Have you EVER heard them mention anything negative about a vehicle for sale running across the block? Much less it's prior history or if it was brought back from the dead, wrecked, flooded, etc? NEVER. There are 3 daytonas currently on ebay, you know all about mine. What do you truly know about the other 2 and what happened to them over the last 44 years?? You act like i should have made an accident that occurred 43 years ago my primary basis in the auction. Just put 24 pictures of it torn down in 1998, or wrecked pictures from 1970.. and write nothing positive about the car, just call it junk so you would be happy and be able to bid if it stayed under $1000?  I wrote multiple lines in my ad describing the car's past, and judging by all the emails and calls I've received on the car, it's not that big of a deal. Just because you are now not interested in it you feel you have a personal vendetta to make sure no one else should want it too? Get over yourself already brother.
well said   :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Y1CHARGER

Just for the record I lost All interest for your car when I saw what "hit in the door" really meant.  I want to thank everyone for their honesty that brought to my attention the real history of the car because it didn't come from you.  I really don't care anymore and the people that think you are right on with your description good for them, and they could buy your beautiful 2 owner one accident Daytona.  For the people who would like to be a little more informed in the cars they buy, they can walk away and be happy they didn't spend a ton of money buying the car. Good luck with the sale.

pettybird

Anyone else still amazed this car was fixed back then?  I think I would have found another gently used Daytona or a new Superbird if I'd only had the car eight months. 

I mean, if that was my car and it happened today of course it would get fixed.  But if I bought a new SRT8 or GT500 or ZL1 and it got hit that hard?  New one, please.

That's some dedication to say the least.

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on October 25, 2013, 11:01:12 AM
Anyone else still amazed this car was fixed back then?  I think I would have found another gently used Daytona or a new Superbird if I'd only had the car eight months. 

I mean, if that was my car and it happened today of course it would get fixed.  But if I bought a new SRT8 or GT500 or ZL1 and it got hit that hard?  New one, please.

:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:  yup and then own the car this long too 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

held1823

not so quick there, young douglas. the times were a-changin' back then.

muscle cars were already on the insurance hit list, and it's possible the guy had minimal coverage to even afford to drive it. had he turned in a claim for a totalled car, he could possibly have found himself uninsurable afterwards. a situation quite similar to the car sitting here, as it were.

it may have been a choice between fixing the car, or walking until the bank note was paid off.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

arrow

Quote from: Y1CHARGER on October 25, 2013, 05:53:20 AM
Quote from: arrow on October 24, 2013, 08:18:29 PM
BFD
I'm guessing that when you bought your car the ad read "1970 Coronet, 1 accident, hit in driver side door" and you were OK with that description.  Is that what you're going to tell the guy that will buy your car when you sell it???

oops - never mind

BS27R1B

Quote from: held1823 on October 25, 2013, 11:18:59 AM
not so quick there, young douglas. the times were a-changin' back then.

muscle cars were already on the insurance hit list, and it's possible the guy had minimal coverage to even afford to drive it. had he turned in a claim for a totalled car, he could possibly have found himself uninsurable afterwards. a situation quite similar to the car sitting here, as it were.

it may have been a choice between fixing the car, or walking until the bank note was paid off.

The first owner was a pilot so I doubt money was too much of an issue for him at the time.

What were the declarations on this POS last January that sold for over $1,000,000???
' objects in the rear view mirror may appear closer than they are'

hemi68charger

Quote from: pettybird on October 25, 2013, 11:01:12 AM

Unfortunately, Daytona were a limited production car, not a mass produced Chevy or SRT-8..... when the Daytona run was done, it was done...
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

John L

Travis,
  Your spot on, don't feed the troll anymore. Most of us here know your reputation for honesty. I felt you did a good job with your description of the cars current and past history. Let this guy see how much other sellers are willing to disclose about their cars. 

62 Max

You can fix anything !

arrow

Added rust free 4 dr. platform

arrow

Quote from: arrow on October 25, 2013, 07:46:03 PM

Added rust free 4 dr. platform

ended up with this

pettybird

Quote from: hemi68charger on October 25, 2013, 03:14:43 PM

Unfortunately, Daytona were a limited production car,

He was also in the heart of NASCAR country and I'm sure he could have found another.  Just look at all of the ads Dave B's regurgitated...they were out there on the secondary market in decent numbers.  500 isn't a lot, but it's not NOTHING either.

I'm not so sure about the insurance angle, either.  If he had it covered, he bought it back and fixed it.  If it wasn't insured and he paid out of pocket, rates obviously wouldn't go up either.  I'm not doubting this guy's dedication--that's a hell of a quick bond. 

I do know about the insurance thing because I have an article about it that I inherited because I inherited everything.

BS27R1B

Another one that has been resurrected (restored). ::)

Not saying I agree with it or the purple turd.
' objects in the rear view mirror may appear closer than they are'

hemi68charger

Quote from: pettybird on October 25, 2013, 08:54:32 PM
Quote from: hemi68charger on October 25, 2013, 03:14:43 PM

Unfortunately, Daytona were a limited production car,

He was also in the heart of NASCAR country and I'm sure he could have found another.  Just look at all of the ads Dave B's regurgitated...they were out there on the secondary market in decent numbers.  500 isn't a lot, but it's not NOTHING either.

I'm not so sure about the insurance angle, either.  If he had it covered, he bought it back and fixed it.  If it wasn't insured and he paid out of pocket, rates obviously wouldn't go up either.  I'm not doubting this guy's dedication--that's a hell of a quick bond. 

I do know about the insurance thing because I have an article about it that I inherited because I inherited everything.

Alright smarting pants... You know what I'm talking about. By the time the accident happened, there probably wasn't anything around locally for the dude and then you had to thrown in insurance policy, etc.... Plus, the owner may have wanted to fix his car that he bought..... My point is it is a WHOLE lot easier to find a replacement in this day-in-age than it was back then to just go out and find another new/failrly-new Daytona to replace it with.....  And, it IS a whole lot easier to inherit everything... Sort of the Ann Richards' "Silver spoon" phenomenon.
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: BS27R1B on October 25, 2013, 10:44:58 PM
Another one that has been resurrected (restored). ::)

Not saying I agree with it or the purple turd.

What is the hulk in the pic ?

held1823

i'm going with 1970 hemi gtx, but i cheated
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

held1823

this certainly makes one question the true motive of the individual, although the responses there are pretty much the same as here.

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=7899535&an=0&page=0&gonew=1#UNREAD
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: held1823 on October 26, 2013, 07:57:11 PM
this certainly makes one question the true motive of the individual, although the responses there are pretty much the same as here.

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=7899535&an=0&page=0&gonew=1#UNREAD

For sure he is some dreamer living large behind the keyboard with nothing better to do.

pettybird

Quote from: held1823 on October 26, 2013, 07:57:11 PM
this certainly makes one question the true motive of the individual

Somewhere between here:

and here: