News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Questions about my VIN tag.

Started by Syreal_70, October 29, 2013, 01:48:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TUFCAT

Quote from: resq302 on July 17, 2014, 01:03:51 PM
Quote from: TUFCAT on July 17, 2014, 10:07:19 AM
I actually looked at the report (carefully and quickly I might add) at Carlisle....

I have never seen the two of those go hand in hand and have seen good results.  Either you carefully scrutinize something which takes time, or your quickly look at it and details get missed.  This is why investigations typically take so long.

Good thing I'm an "EXPERT".... just like ECS. :nana:

JB400

TUFCAT

Quote from: JB400 on July 17, 2014, 01:05:09 PM
4 dr. Cuda, pt. 2? :scratchchin:  

I hope not.  I'd like to enjoy the rest of my summer. :brickwall:

resq302

Quote from: TUFCAT on July 17, 2014, 01:04:53 PM
Quote from: resq302 on July 17, 2014, 01:03:51 PM
Quote from: TUFCAT on July 17, 2014, 10:07:19 AM
I actually looked at the report (carefully and quickly I might add) at Carlisle....

I have never seen the two of those go hand in hand and have seen good results.  Either you carefully scrutinize something which takes time, or your quickly look at it and details get missed.  This is why investigations typically take so long.

I'm an "EXPERT" just like ECS. :nana:

Ok, so you are saying you are an expert in doing VIN tags and other decals?  I bet that you know every inch of a Valaint, Challenger, Cuda, or any other group of cars.  I'm sure that Dave (as well as many other people on here) has an expertise in things.  If he didn't do you think he would be selling the decals and other products that he offers?  Another example would be his exhaust system.  They are EXACT reproductions of the originals.  There are other so called or self proclaimed "experts" who claim that their exhaust systems are "perfect and OE accurate" which has been proven that they do not have the correct bends, welds, etc.  Again, these people charge money because they claim to be in the know which they are obviously mistaken.   Granted, every now and then people can slip up.  After all, we are only human.  But to make or overlook those many things?  Something more has to be going on than what is published / written so far.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

TUFCAT

Quote from: resq302 on July 17, 2014, 01:14:58 PM

Ok, so you are saying you are an expert in doing VIN tags and other decals?  I bet that you know every inch of a Valaint, Challenger, Cuda, or any other group of cars.  

I was trying to be funny.... (that's what the :nana: meant).

I'm sure that Dave (as well as many other people on here) has an expertise in things.  If he didn't do you think he would be selling the decals and other products that he offers?  Another example would be his exhaust system.  They are EXACT reproductions of the originals.  There are other so called or self proclaimed "experts" who claim that their exhaust systems are "perfect and OE accurate" which has been proven that they do not have the correct bends, welds, etc.  Again, these people charge money because they claim to be in the know which they are obviously mistaken.   Granted, every now and then people can slip up.  After all, we are only human.  But to make or overlook those many things?  Something more has to be going on than what is published / written so far.

There's a certain friend of mine in Oregon who would probably prefer you didn't keep saying nasty things about his business and keep comparing it to ECS's business.  Everyone has their own niche in the market.  Secondly, there are major players in the decal market who've had shots taken at them by you and your buddy Dave in the past.  It's all a matter of what you prefer to put on your car, and how much you are willing to spend. :Twocents: :Twocents:

Honestly I don't care about "spot welds" that are 100% exact to some random muffler manufactured by a vendor for Chrysler on Tuesday, November 17th, in 1970. Personally I think the sloppy welds look ugly. :eek2:  There's a small portion of the market that wants this....so if it floats your submarine, (and you're willing to pay for it) then knock yourselves out. :icon_smile_wink:

TUFCAT

Still waiting for ECS's version of the V-code Charger controversy detailed for us "clueless" people.  I'm sure he doesn't believe everything he reads.

ECS

Ok, so you are saying you are an expert.......

Don't allow the facts to be pushed aside or deflected Brian.  A National Magazine PLAINLY stated that an "Expert" had looked at the vehicle and agreed that the fender tag, VIN decal and serial number were not counterfeit.  Either they printed the truth or Dave Wise has a very good case of slander against that publication.  I'm sure he knows about this thread but chooses to remain in the shadows while his cronies try to defend and explain his involvement.  If Dave Wise wants to talk with me on the in person, over the phone, email, etc...... I will gladly tell him exactly what I have stated here.  

The bottom line is MCG reported that Dave Wise certified the vehicle and that he said its VIN components were original to the car.  If he can't tell the difference between original and a fake VIN components, he shouldn't be providing a service that is suppose to protect and expose this type of fraud.
TIME WILL INEVITABLY UNCOVER DISHONESTY AND LIES!

TUFCAT

Quote from: ECS on July 17, 2014, 02:28:23 PM
Don't allow the facts to be pushed aside or deflected Brian.  A National Magazine PLAINLY stated that an "Expert" had looked at the vehicle and agreed that the fender tag, VIN decal and serial number were not counterfeit.  Either they printed the truth or Dave Wise has a very good case of slander against that publication.  I'm sure he knows about this thread but chooses to remain in the shadows while his cronies try to defend and explain his involvement.  If Dave Wise wants to talk with me on the in person, over the phone, email, etc...... I will gladly tell him exactly what I have stated here.  

The bottom line is MCG reported that Dave Wise certified the vehicle and that he said its VIN components were original to the car.  If he can't tell the difference between original and a fake VIN components, he shouldn't be providing a service that is suppose to protect and expose this type of fraud.

Spoke to soon....he does.  :icon_smile_wink:

ECS

Quote from: TUFCAT on July 17, 2014, 02:25:28 PM
Still waiting for ECS's version......

I'll try not to keep you waiting much longer.  I just contact the Feds who work closely with my Company (VIN fraud) and am providing them with all of the pertinent information and the parties involved.  We'll let them sort it out.  :2thumbs:
TIME WILL INEVITABLY UNCOVER DISHONESTY AND LIES!

TUFCAT

Quote from: ECS on July 17, 2014, 02:42:34 PM

I'll try not to keep you waiting much longer.  I just contact the Feds who work closely with my Company (VIN fraud) and am providing them with all of the pertinent information and the parties involved.  We'll let them sort it out.  :2thumbs:

What fraud?  How do you know there's fraud?  :shruggy:

resq302

Quote from: ECS on July 17, 2014, 02:28:23 PM
Ok, so you are saying you are an expert.......

Don't allow the facts to be pushed aside or deflected Brian.  A National Magazine PLAINLY stated that an "Expert" had looked at the vehicle and agreed that the fender tag, VIN decal and serial number was not counterfeit.  Either they printed the truth or Dave Wise has a very good case of slander against that publication.  I'm sure he knows about this thread but chooses to remain in the shadows while his cronies try to defend and explain his involvement.  If Dave Wise wants to talk with me on the in person, over the phone, email, etc...... I will gladly tell him exactly what I have stated here.  

Its funny, when I was just on here to reply to this, I got another email saying that another post was replied on here.  While checking that, I saw that you, Tufcat, replied to Dave.  Also, the reply prior to the one that ECS posted you had a reply with only had a "."  Now it says" Still waiting for ECS's version of the V-code Charger controversy detailed for us "clueless" people. I'm sure he doesn't believe everything he reads."  Funny how things change after someone posts a reply.

Also, unless you have a guilty conscience about one particular exhaust maker, I never mentioned anyone's name (except for Dave and ECS), so you can assume all that you want about the other companies having accurate systems.

Dave,

Like I said before.  Either someone is covering something up and being extremely deceitful or someone erroneously made multiple HUGE mistakes and needs to make a retraction or come out and clear up the air before this car gets restored and someone guts burned again big time!

Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

resq302

Quote from: TUFCAT on July 17, 2014, 02:46:08 PM
What fraud?  How do you know there's fraud?  :shruggy:

I guess we shall soon see.   :lol:
Brian